Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sections (Assemblies)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
190 Views, 2 Replies

Sections (Assemblies)

Good morning, i'm trying to represent a trapezoidal section, but when i generate the assemblies, i notice some difeerences between the expected and obtained result.

I attached 2 images:

* The first one represents the typical section defined, wich behaces as it was generated from an 0.075m offset. The thickness of the cover is constant and the base of the channel is widened at the bottom to match with the cover of the slope.

*The second picture corresponds to the generated assembly, where the base is a rectangle instead of a trapeze. Althoug the covering of the slope up to the first berm is defined with a thickness of 0.075m, it materializes in 0.053m to coincide with the covering of the base. the Green line indicates the actual shape it should take.

Greetings.

Secciones.PNG

Secciones2.PNG

  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
M_Obradovic
in reply to: Anonymous

I think typical section of ditch is not difficult and very easy you can create in SAC.  Creation of one variable subassembly with all types of ditch you will avoid all issue ippeared before.

Message 3 of 3
cwr-pae
in reply to: Anonymous

The issue is the way C3d handles the "thickness" of design surfaces, all are treated as a pavement surfaces with the thickness always vertical. To get the result you are after you need to use the trapezoidal subassembly and possible generic pavement. See attached.

If variable elevations/widths are needed you can use generic subs to provide the information to the generic and trapezoid structure and form your structures.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report