Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section view group properties not showing surfaces

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
851 Views, 6 Replies

Section view group properties not showing surfaces

I created a datum surface and a finished grade surface in the surface tab in the corridor properties window. It shows the surface under the surfaces tree in the prospector tab in toolspace. The problem is it doesnt show it in the Section View Group Properties so I can click the draw button to show them in my sections. Is there a setting I am missing? I just want to check it visually to make sure my datum is correct with the overhang I have with the subbase. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
klugb
in reply to: Anonymous

Is your surface displayed in plan view? If you set it's style to "No Display" it won't show in the sections, make sure it's at least "Border Only" and it should show up in the sections.

Bruce
Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Yes it does show in the plan view and the minimum and maximum elevations look correct.
Message 4 of 7
klugb

If you want to send me the dwg I can look at it.

Bruce <dot> klug <at> clark.wa.gov
Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I ended up calling tech. support. I had to recreate my sample groups and sections to get them to update. Apparently they dont update themselves. Thanks anyway! Edited by: dab829 on Jan 27, 2009 3:04 PM

Message 6 of 7
hoshki

I know it's a long time since the post but I had this problem and it came first in my google search. 

Solution : Select a sample line, right click menu, select 'sample line group properties' got to 'sections' tab. in the right hand corner select 'sample more sources' and add your missing surface there. 

Message 7 of 7
hallvard_skrede
in reply to: hoshki

Thank you. The issue still remians 10 years later (!) and luckily the fix also works.

If it only occurs in one section view in the sample line section view group, it is possible to switch "section wiew properties" for the specific "section view", under "Section" and then change "update mode" to static and back again to dynamic.

Regards Hallvard Skrede

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report