Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section view - Elevation Buffers

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
claimed4all
181 Views, 2 Replies

Section view - Elevation Buffers

I rarely work with Sections, so I could be missing it.  How do I adjust the Elevation Buffer above and below the sampled surface?

I will have about 200 sections along an existing roadway.  The roadway climbs 40' through this area and the engineer wants 10x exaggeration. 

Problem I have now is all my profiles are super tall.  I just want the 5' grid zones that contain the sampled surface.  Instead I get an extra 10' above and below.

In the Elevation Range of the Section Group Properties, I have AUTOMATIC chose.  I tried User Specified Height of 15' and follow a section, but it crops everything off.

How to do I eliminate the elevation buffers on all my sections without going to each one manually (as I said, I will have about 200 sections once I figure out all the ins and outs of section views)

claimed4all_0-1722026541263.png

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

is it possible under the Section View Styles, on the Grid tab, have you looked at the grid padding?

It might also be something handled under the Group Plot Style Array tab.

It has been a long time since I've done anything with sections, and I dont have a sample to work with to pull the setting you need.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 3
jarek_zal
in reply to: claimed4all

Hi,

First of all, when creating cross-sections, I would leave Elevation - Automatic selected. What I would suggest is checking the Section View Style used, in the Vertical Axes tab, Major Tick Axes and changing it to a smaller one.

jarek_zal_0-1722096199611.png

Regards,

Jarek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report