Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rollover Display

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Greek2Me
373 Views, 5 Replies

Rollover Display

I'm working a model that has nearly a dozen smaller surfaces which will be pasted in different combinations to get three larger surfaces (phases of the project). When I hover, spot elevations for the first two surfaces appear, a few seconds later elevations for four more. But is there a way to expand this to show ALL surface elevations? I have no idea how Acad chooses which to display, and (Murphy's Law), it ALWAYS leaves out one of the surfaces I need at the moment.

Suggestions appreciated...

Roger Mc

"Always remember: nothing difficult is ever easy."
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nilesh33
in reply to: Greek2Me

Hi,

I didn't got your question exactly. If you use 'surface lables' for spot levels, it will ask you for 'Select Surface' in advance. then it will give you only level for that surface. (it doesn't matter which surface are overlapping at spot level point)

Even if you use 'Iine and curve' lables, it will do the same.

Good to know about 'murphy's law'. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
AllenJessup

I think there's a limit but I don't remember what it is. Make sure that Tooltips are turned on for each surface.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
AllenJessup

I found this limit "If you keep your cursor in the same location, additional information is displayed in an expanded tooltip that shows up to four more items" HERE.

So you would have to turn off tooltips for a couple of the Surfaces to see the rest.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Greek2Me
in reply to: nilesh33

This isn't regarding lables, it's just the tooltip box that appears anytime you hover over a surface.

Message 6 of 6
Greek2Me
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks, I thought there might be a limit. As I said, I have several surfaces and just as many alignments.  I was hoping I could have them all light up, rather than have to keep turning some on and others off every time I'm dealing with a different scenario.

Civil on!

RMc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report