Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Labels with Station and Offset

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
874 Views, 6 Replies

Point Labels with Station and Offset

I have been searching the board looking for an answer to this but can't find it. I have cogo points with descriptions and an alignment. I am trying to compose a lable for a Cogo Point that looks like this: Point: ### Station: ###+##.## Offset: L##.## Elev: ###.## Desc: ?????? It seems like there should be an easy way to do this but I can't figure it out. I can figure out how to do it using Alignment Labels but really don't want reference each cogo point as there are many. What am I missing? Thanks, Mark
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't see a way to add a reference text component to a cogo point label

noreftext.png

So I *think* you need a 3rd party tool for this, example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUFaE0pK4TI

But hang around, someone may prove me wrong...

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 7
caddie99

sincpac does this

Message 4 of 7
Joe-Bouza

No reference text for points, but you can report sta offeset by point number and present a table.
This may be convoluted but drainage structures can lable station offset and can be numbered like points.

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I can add reference text to an alignment label to acomplish my task. Just unfortunate that I have to reference each individual point. I had hoped that maybe there was an expression or something that I could create. Thanks, Mark
Message 6 of 7
Joe-Bouza

Thats why I suggested network structures you wouldn't have to reference anything, but it sounds like you have to refer to the cogo points. Otherwise you would be done very quickly. too bad

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
doni49
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-ideastation/cogo-points-reference-other-c3d-objects/...

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report