Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset multiple labels at once

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
1wildwes
3147 Views, 6 Replies

Reset multiple labels at once

Is there a command to reset multiple selected labels instead of selecting each one idividually where they revert to the original orientation? When selecting multiple labels and right-clicking for reset the labels don't reset to the original orientation. When resetting one label at a time it does reset to the original orientation. 2015 Civil 3D.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: 1wildwes

You would have to customize a .NET function. Unfortunately, Visual LISP does not have a Reset method for labels.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 7
TRobisonFlag

I found that I can select one, right click 'select similar' so all the labels are selected, and choose reset label in the Modify panel under the Labels tab to reset many at a time. The reset button in the right click menu didn't work for me for some reason, but the panel button seems to work just fine. I'm in Civil 3D 2018 BTW.

Message 4 of 7
SchwartzBwithU

I had to set my PICKFIRST=0 otherwise the command would deselect multiple labels, but I was able to layer isolate, and window box multiple labels and reset their position. It was very useful after adding section views and Updating the Section View layouts.

Message 5 of 7
1wildwes
in reply to: TRobisonFlag

What exact labels are you referring to? Surf, align, etc?

Message 6 of 7
codee

You can simply select them all. While selected go to the properties window and change the style. Then change the style back. They will have all reset. Downside is that you will have erased any text overrides. 

Message 7 of 7

This response probably doesn't answer the original question but I stumbled onto this thread when faced with multiple cogo point labels not being able to reset to their original position. I found out by selecting multiple cogo points that have been dragged and wishing to have the label reset only does one cogo point label at a time when you hover over the box (without right-clicking) of one point and select "Reset Label". I figured out that you can reset as many as you want by right-clicking the area you hover over and then selecting from a more extensive list, "Reset Label," all cogo points selected will return to their original position. Hope this helps someone.

-Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report