Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rerouting an alignment causing the longsection to be too short

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wilsonm2000
290 Views, 1 Reply

Rerouting an alignment causing the longsection to be too short

Hi

I'm working on a hydropower pipeline using Civil 3d. I have a pipeline alignment on plan. This is then linked to my profile view of the ground profile and my created pipeline profile (which I have drawn on).

When I update my alignment in plan the profile view (long section) updates with the new ground profile correctly. I.e. If the alignment gets longer the longsection gets longer. But my created pipeline profile does not extend. While this is understandable it does create a problem:

If I'm happy with my designed profile at the bottom of the pipeline but at the top need to make the alignment longer. I make the alignment longer at the top which updates the long section. The profile at the bottom will be incorrect and need to be redesgined (or atleast moved to the new position).

Is there a way of linking the created profile to the relative position of the ground profile? If not, is there an easy way to break a Civil3d link and move it to the correct position and then link it back together?

I hope this explaination makes sense.

Cheers

Martin

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: wilsonm2000

@wilsonm2000 wrote:

Hi

I'm working on a hydropower pipeline using Civil 3d. I have a pipeline alignment on plan. This is then linked to my profile view of the ground profile and my created pipeline profile (which I have drawn on).

<snip>

Hello Martin

How did you draw your pipeline? Layout profiles are not dynamic to changes in alignment, but pipe networks area.

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report