Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved..."

91 REPLIES 91
SOLVED
Message 1 of 92
Anonymous
140071 Views, 91 Replies

"One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved..."

When attempting to save drawing, I get:

"One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format.  The operation was not completed and no file was created."

I have purged the drawing, and checked for any unconnected external references (none).  I started Raster Design, just in case, but nothing happened.  The drawing was just created in, and is being saved to, Civil 3D 2014.   

Any suggestions?

Many thanks. 

91 REPLIES 91
Message 41 of 92
Anonymous
in reply to: jfengineering

It is within the point groups I was having the same issue. I tried to copy a point and it wigged out and wouldn't save, not even "save as" would work. I eventually just had to go to my last temp save and go from there and while editing my point made sure that my points were not associated with multiple point groups before copying or creating new points. actually if it happens again go through you points groups look for points in more than one point group. I didn't try auditing the drawing. Maybe that could be the solution.

Message 42 of 92
Anonymous

None of these solutions work.  Auditing did not fix this problem for me.

Message 43 of 92
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have found that it has to do with insufficient space in which to save the file. It also can be related to an anti-virus running in the background or not a lot of virtual memory available. Sometimes a server is too full (that happened to me several times). The file is usually fine. This issue goes back at least as far as version 2008 or maybe older. I have posted about this problem previously, many years ago. HTH.

Message 44 of 92
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

You are correct.

Message 45 of 92
Anonymous

I you are in Windows 10 and using Windows Antivirus, you have to let AutoCad to write in the folders protected against ramsomware software.

I was using my work folder in the desktop and suddenly I started with this problem, and this was the solution.

Message 46 of 92
JohnRoby

New Win10 'Feature' is 'Controlled Folder Access'.  Windows already has many good apps defined.  I had to define Acad.exe as 'good guy' to allow it to write to protected folders (most user space by default).

Message 47 of 92
Anonymous

This didn't work for me. I still get the error message.

Message 48 of 92
CADmgrMike

This might be helpful information.

I've had this happen twice in the last week. Both drawings have strictly 2D Autocad data in them.

I can w-block out to a new drawing and they open/save in AutoCAD fine.

As soon as I open them in C3D, the files will not save and I get the error message.

Using C3D 2019.2

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 49 of 92
CADmgrMike

We have this happening on a couple of drawings. Nothing special that we don't do everyday, but I suspect it has to do with copying in data from an outside source. One of our users figured out if the view is rotated and then rotated back to World, the drawing would save. That process works on both of the drawings with the issue here.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 50 of 92
Anonymous

Not sure if this solution will work for everyone. But when Jay mentioned cleaning out temp folder it got me thinking of disk space. 

In my case I have a 256 M.2 SSD and remember seeing desktop notifications a couple days ago that space was filling up on my SSD. I simply deleted some other files after backing them up one my Ext HDD and CAD now has space to save to/save over. 

Like I said, don't know if this will fix the issue for everyone but that fixed it for me. 

***Make sure you check your recycle Bin and empty that as well otherwise you will still experience limited space. ***

Hope this helps others who experience the same problem.

Message 51 of 92
RyanMSeng

It's almost 2020 and this issue is still not resolved? I just got this message on a file I've been working on for weeks. I purged, I checked my drive space (fine), I audited, I tried saving locally, save as, etc. etc. nothing is working. This is a huge deal...why has Autodesk not fixed this yet? How am I supposed to move forward with an issue like this?

The only obvious thing I can think of that may be causing the problem with mine is that I attached a pdf, then deleted it; when I go to my xrefs, it's still there and I cannot detach or unload - it says it's loaded, but then when I select detach or unload, I get a message saying "No matching PDF names found"...

Message 52 of 92
RyanMSeng
in reply to: RyanMSeng

Also - *67,000 views !!! Yikes!

Message 53 of 92
Anonymous

I you are in Windows 10 and using Windows Antivirus, you have to let AutoCad to write in the folders protected against ramsomware software.

I was using my work folder in the desktop and suddenly I started with this problem, and this was the solution.

Nothing to do Autodesk about that nor bug...

Message 54 of 92
RyanMSeng

Thanks @Anonymous for the reply, I appreciate it, but I'm still on Windows 7

Message 55 of 92
Anonymous

Message 7 of 54

jfengineering in reply to: mcloughlin
‎03-10-2014 10:00 PM

Re: "One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved..."
I have found using a ".save" at the command line (no quotes) will get around this error and allow you to save the file.

Hope this helps.
JF Engineering, PLLC
Civil3D, 2016
Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit
MSI Z170A Gaming M5 w/Intel i7-6700K, 4.00 GHz
EVGA GTX 1060 SC, 6GB
1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Message 56 of 92
RyanMSeng

Thanks again@Anonymous! I tried that as well, to no avail. I got the same message as before.

Message 57 of 92
RyanMSeng

I also tried to write block the entire drawing, but got this error

Message 58 of 92
rkmcswain

@RyanMSeng - do yourself and everyone a favor and dock that command line and then do an F2 before grabbing the screenshot. There may be more to it besides the single line that we can see in your screenshot.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 59 of 92
RyanMSeng
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain I'd happily do that, but this screen shot was taken yesterday. I tried to publish what I had at the end of the day yesterday and got a fatal error, so I started from an old file this morning. I'll do that next time, thanks for the tip.

Message 60 of 92

Audit worked for me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report