Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved..."

91 REPLIES 91
SOLVED
Message 1 of 92
Anonymous
142057 Views, 91 Replies

"One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved..."

When attempting to save drawing, I get:

"One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format.  The operation was not completed and no file was created."

I have purged the drawing, and checked for any unconnected external references (none).  I started Raster Design, just in case, but nothing happened.  The drawing was just created in, and is being saved to, Civil 3D 2014.   

Any suggestions?

Many thanks. 

91 REPLIES 91
Message 81 of 92

Still Works on AutoCAD MEP 2021
Message 82 of 92
dseslar
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm sure everyone will be happy to know this issue still exists in Civil3D 2022!  😕  My failing-to-save drawing file consisted exclusively of contours-as-2d-polylines and lines-as-hachures indicating downslope for depression contours.  I had exploded these from a surface  created from LIDAR data in C3D.  I do this to reduce the file size needed to show contours (the surface data is now gone), so drawing files with contours can be displayed and edited in plain Autocad, and so I can assign complex linetypes to the polylines showing their elevations using a lisp routine and linetype library I created 20+ years ago.

In this case, the file was refusing to save after I assigned the linetypes, a problem for the sheet files it would be xrefed into.  Nothing listed here worked:  .save, .saveas, dxfout, ExportToAutocad, all fails.  Wblock would write a new file, but the Autocad refused to open the file or recover the file.  I recreated the file by exploding the surface-displayed-as-contours again and wblocking the results to a new file (as I had before).  As with the previously exported file, recover, audit and purge found no issues, yet I could not save this new file after creating and opening it.  Plenty of space in local and network drives, no problematic folder/filename characters, etc. etc.  Inserting problem file into new file from an unmodified Autodesk template, another fail.

I did find a solution, though!  I exited Civil3D 2022 and opened the recreated problem file in plain Autocad 2022.  (Thank you to all IT people that install the entire suite of software!)  As a test, I immediately did a _qsave and was successful (unlike in C3D)!  I loaded and assigned the linetypes via the lsp routine, purged any unneeded items, successfully saved the file again and exited Autocad.

Returning to C3D 2022, I opened the updated file from Autocad and am now able to save it using C3D!  WooHoo!  Don't know what the problem was/is, but this work-around worked this time for me.  I am including this here as something else to try as a fix if you are using C3D or other Autodesk "verticals" and wish to avoid recreating thing from scratch.

Good luck.

Message 83 of 92
Vittaya.N

Just only Open acad menu and use > File>Drawing recover manager>Open file .. and then recover it.  after process anything will be back. Good Luck.

Message 84 of 92
gpowerQG8Y4

For what it's worth - I started experiencing this issue in  C3D 2022 randomly. I have a custom ribbon button that audits then purges the drawing - in that order. This button has never caused an issue like this in previous versions of C3D however I have found that after reordering the button to purge THEN audit the problem is fixed in C3D 2022.

Message 85 of 92
josephbenavente

i saved to an older version cadd.  hope that helps.

Message 86 of 92
cuongbk56
in reply to: gmartin49

Thank you @gmartin49 I had the same issue but others' solution did not work, only your method made it work. You saved me a lot of time.
Thank you very much!!
Message 87 of 92
josephbenavente
in reply to: cuongbk56

One more thing, if you open the dwg again you have to save down.

Message 88 of 92

No, if you saved the drawing the right way.
Make sure you WB the drawing without using "Entire drawing"; if you do that
the WB will save exactly as it is, and your issue will not be solved. WB it
using objects.
Base point should be 0,0
Select your objects
Brows to your drawing destination and click OK.

Once you have saved your WB, open it and try to save it. If it saves, then
your problem is solved. After that you have to redirect the Xreference, if
any.
If it doesn't work, repeat the process again.

One issue with this process is that your drawing would not save the
Layouts; you need to copy and paste them to your new drawing,
Message 89 of 92
eliezer59cuevas

I try so many ways.

1. Type the command "Audit", type Y after the prompt; do a "Purge" after the Audit and try to save it.

2. I that does not work, then open DWG TrueView, go to DWG convert, at the DWG convert, select the CAD version you want to save the drawing to; browse to your drawing using the DWG icon below and click convert.  Go back to AutoCad open the drawing you saved and try to save it. 

3. If that does not work, then use WB:

Make sure you WB the drawing without using "Entire drawing"; if you do that the WB will save exactly as it is, and your issue will not be solved. WB it using objects.
Base point should be 0,0
Select your objects
Brows to your drawing destination and click OK.

Once you have saved your WB, open it and try to save it.  If it saves, then your problem is solved. After that you have to redirect the X-references, if any.
If it doesn't work, repeat the process again.

One issue with this process is that your drawing would not save the Layouts; you need to copy and paste them to your new drawing,
Message 90 of 92
nashnorton

I recently had this issue. I found the problem was that I had recovered a previous version of the drawing and it was trying to save it out as a recoverable drawing in a folder from the past. Make sure you save to the current folder instead of a recovery folder. Hope this helps.

Message 91 of 92
eli
Community Visitor

Audit worked

Tags (1)
Message 92 of 92
kenny_jack7TQGA
in reply to: tcorey

The DXFOUT command completely omits all C3D data

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report