Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProjectWise is not saving changes to shortcut file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jrogulski
192 Views, 3 Replies

ProjectWise is not saving changes to shortcut file

We have PW project with standardized environment. 

Every time I add objects to shortcut file, it won't save changes. So when I restart Civil (for example next day) I don't see new items.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
v-silvestre
in reply to: jrogulski

Hi, just curious when you create the data shortcut, is your Projectwise file (the ".CivilDSProj") being updated to your local drive first?  Is the modified date being update?  If so, what happens when you manually update the file within ProjectWise by copying from your local to the PW folder?

Message 3 of 4
jrogulski

Local copy is not being updated. But is in use. Same PW file. As local is not being updated, I do not copy/move to PW.

Message 4 of 4
v-silvestre

Interesting.  Are other users experiencing this issue as well, or is it just a single workstation?  If it is happening to other users, I would take a look at a previous forum post dealing with the .CivilDSProj file not updating:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/new-data-shortcut-project-in-projectwise/td-p/10073313

They list a couple of workarounds, comment #7 & #12, as well as the possibility of reaching the character limit for the file path.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report