Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional Land Surveyor

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
317 Views, 4 Replies

Professional Land Surveyor

I imported points from txt file.  Then I moved and edited their elevations in drawing.  I see them updated in drawing with their new coordinates and elevations.  But despite being all points unlocked Survey database has not been updated!  How can I update survey database to reflect what's in drawing?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jroot
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you unlock the Survey Points through Toolspace...Survey tab...Survey Databases...Survey Points-rt clk...Points...Unlock in Drawing ?

(instead of Prospector tab...Points)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jroot

Yes all points are unlocked but then how do you update survey database?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jroot

Yes, But then How do you update the survey database?
Message 5 of 5
_Hathaway
in reply to: Anonymous

The survey database is designed to funcion in a manner that requires the points to be established in their correct position prior to importing.  We struggled with that concept when shifting from LDD back in the day but once you understand it and adjust your workflow accordingly it works great.

With that said you will need to import the points and instead of selecting a .txt file, choose points in drawing and then select the points.  You may run into some number overlapping issues with this setup...possible.  if you do, simply delete the initial database import then repeat the steps above.  

Or, you could simply export your adjusted points and then insert them just like the unadjusted points.  You may run into the number issue using this method as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report