Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Style Change in Drag State

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
523 Views, 6 Replies

Point Style Change in Drag State

Hello all, 

I've got a questions about point styles. I've created point styles that looks like its in drag state in a default state. I just made 4 blocks that have leaders in the Top Right, Top Left, ect... and made Point Label Styles to plop the desired point attribute at the end of the leaders. This has became very useful as myself and others in my company deal with pipe lines quite a bit and tones of points along the such pipe lines that need to be dragged off the pipe so they're esthetically pleasing. This poses a problem though. If the default point style "drag state" is not in the desired location and you DO put it in a drag state, the leader on the point style I created still exists.

Is there a way to change the point style to a designated point style when you drag the attribute and put the points label style in a drag state? 

I haven't found a way to do this and I'm thinkin theres no way to change the point style depending on whether the point label style is in a default location state or in a drag state. 

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

Place them in separate Point Groups.

Bill

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

Bill, 

Thanks for your feed back. Although creating a separate point group would a solution, I am trying to minimize the number of point groups. My questions remains, is there a way to designate what Point Style is to be used depending on whether the point label style is put into a drag state. 

ie: in a non drag state, use "standard point" point style. In a drag state, use "not standard point" point style. 

I dont think ACAD can accommodate this type of feature change, but I thought it was worth a shot. Maybe there's some hidden toggle buried deep in the bowels of the point style settings or drawing defaults or something. As far as I can tell, theres not. WHY NOT!!! 

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
IanMcClain

Can you post a screen capture or sketch of what you are looking for?

Ian McClain
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: IanMcClain

Point Styles I created. The Point Label Styles are NOT in a drag state

The label styles are now in a drag state.

I want to be able to tell ACAD that when the Point Label styles are in a drag state to use a Point Style that is "standard" - ie- just an "X" instead of my custom Point Styles.

Message 6 of 7
IanMcClain

Try making your point style use the X only and build your point label with the leader, and set the dragged state to "Stacked Text".

Ian McClain
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: IanMcClain

You are a brilliant soul! Thank you. I totally forgot that you could have a block be one of the components of the label style. Thank you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report