Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipes are not coming in at Structures Elevation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
evanroekelCZPQC
95 Views, 3 Replies

Pipes are not coming in at Structures Elevation

I am working on a storm pipe network. I have all my structures inserted into the drawing and I am currently laying out the pipes between them. When I insert the pipes, they are not coming in at the elevations set by the structure. Is there anyway to not have to go and adjust each pipe to the structures invert elevation every time? 

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ianjchap
in reply to: evanroekelCZPQC

You can control the invert level of the Pipe against the Structure when you add them in Via Rules. These can be set through your parts list and based on parameters of the connecting structures Cover Level.

ianjchap_0-1721148691349.png

Message 3 of 4
evanroekelCZPQC
in reply to: ianjchap

I have rules set. When I set a pipe at a structure it sets the pipe at an elevation of "-4.3" or something around that instead of meeting the structures inlet elevation such as 1500. 

Message 4 of 4

Sounds like you have a cover rule with no reference surface. When you're creating the pipes, make sure that there is a reference surface set and that the surface covers your network (or at least the pipes your are creating). If there is no surface, it will assume a surface elevation of 0 and a cover value and pipe diameter total of 4.3 to give you that invert elevation.

BrianHailey_0-1721155238461.png

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report