Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Builder - AutoLayout Data not working??

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Nik-D
210 Views, 1 Reply

Part Builder - AutoLayout Data not working??

Hi all

I am trying to create a custom pipe cross section. I have created geometry and added all constraints and dimensions however....

1. The AutoLayout Data does not become active until I save close and reopen the part

2. When I right click on the Layout Data and click select placement point, it says invalid selection whenever I select a point

3. Whenever the Autolayout Data does become active it seems to have preselected the coordinates of (15,15,??)

4. If I rebuild the geometry so that the insertion point is (15,15), when I use the pipe in Civil 3D it shows in plan but not in 3D in the object viewer.

TIA

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Nik-D
in reply to: Nik-D

Update:

When calling the function Select Placement point from the Layout Data,

Capture.JPG

it calls the function COLLAYOUTDATAPLACEMENT on the command line. This prompts you to select a point which in my case seems to always be invalid.

However, there is a command COLLAYOUTDATAINSERTION which allows you to select a point of your choice as opposed to some point object. So you can set the insertion of the 2D geometry to a known set of coordinates in your drawing and use this command to select that set of coordinates.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour in other versions of 2020? or is there something wrong with my Part Builder? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report