Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PARCEL TABLE

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nostupidquestions
1164 Views, 4 Replies

PARCEL TABLE

i've got some parcels in my subdivision that are pretty small and the label is too large for the parcel. so i though i would use a parcel table for these parcels. however i can't get the table to allow me to remove the parcel number column. my parcels use letters instead of numbers so i can't substitute the parcel name. all my parcel info is in the description. how can i remove the parcel number column of use text instead of numbers for the parcel name? thanks.

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
igi_pop
in reply to: nostupidquestions

@nostupidquestions wrote:

i've got some parcels in my subdivision that are pretty small and the label is too large for the parcel. so i though i would use a parcel table for these parcels. however i can't get the table to allow me to remove the parcel number column. my parcels use letters instead of numbers so i can't substitute the parcel name. all my parcel info is in the description. how can i remove the parcel number column of use text instead of numbers for the parcel name? thanks.

hey!

weeeell, you can't. Parcels are not the only ones, most tables don't allow removing the # column, thusly ensuring uniqueness of the data.

What you CAN do, is to delete the column title, column data, and manualy set the width to -2 (someone somewhere wrote that, thanks, tried and works) then it just won't be visible. Does it work for you - dunno. But if it's just "poking yer eyes" that's the solution 🙂

Your 2nd column can be your text, and you can sort data by "column 2"

Cheers

Lenovo ThinkCenter M920f; Win10pro x64; i5 9500 @3GHz; 16GB RAM; Radeon RX550X
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy."

AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified ProfessionalAutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Message 3 of 5
nostupidquestions
in reply to: igi_pop

genius! i tried setting that column to zero with no luck. thanks for the help!

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: nostupidquestions

You can also Copy-Paste the Description property from another column and put it into the first column, thus overriding the Number or Name.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5

I can confirm the -2 option mentioned above works in Civil 3D 2021.  Great tip!

Attitude, not Aptitude, Determines Altitude

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report