Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Data References

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sduffin
460 Views, 2 Replies

Parcel Data References

Wouldn't it be great to be able to create data references for parcels so you can stylize them and label them directly in a drawing as opposed to having to xref them in and work with them that way?  Seems a lot less flexible with the xref approach.  Does anybody know if this is on the road map or why this hasn't happened yet?  I posted this on the idea station too.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: sduffin

Don't expect an answer to this one. Anyone who might know if this is "on the roadmap" would be constrained by a non-disclosure agreement.

You might want to link the IdeaStation post here so more see it and can vote it up.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
Chuck_L_AKS
in reply to: sduffin

In the early days of Civil 3D, Parcels used to be a data referable objects. This function was removed 2010 or 2011. Now they are just xrefs.

Recently, I've have seen an increase in lag with parcels and found the labels are the source. If you make sure of the layers the label styles are on to ensure you can control them. It could be the these are 300-900 lot subdivisions too.

Also, you might note, if you add the suffix -* to the Parcel layer name and the Parcel segment layer name it will add the Site name. I name my sites 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. and can identify them a little easier. I usually only have one site. But have used multiples before.

The typical result would be C-PROP-LABL-1  &  C-PROP-LINE-1 

Parcelsdialog.png

Good luck!

Chuck Litchfield
AKS Engineering and Forestry, LLC
C3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report