Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Geolocation Map position issues, relocating after closing the drawing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1380 Views, 4 Replies

Online Geolocation Map position issues, relocating after closing the drawing

In Civil 3d 2018, Whenever I saved the drawing with Geolocation map online data, it works fine and when I close and open the same drawing the geolocation map moved from its original position. The marker position or the fixed position moved either to ocean or to some other country. So everytime I have to set the location and co-ordinates to the required position to keep the overall onlinemap in the desired position. (I desperately need some lock button to lock the map in the desired position before I close the drawing)

If I capture the area using "Capture Area" command under "geolocation tab". Then the captured area of the onlinemap always locked in the original position as required. Meaning, the captured area of the onlinemap is not moving to default position like the overall map.

I have checked different co-ordinate system randomly, checked most solutions given in the Autodesk forum.

I tried reboot everything, I tried different ways of signing in, the problem still continues. 

Interestingly this doesn't occur with my colleague's computer who is working in the same server network. (I signed in with my credentials on his computer, the problem doesn't occur - the overall map position is locked to its position after closing and reopen the drawing) 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: Anonymous

Jawahar,
Does this happen with one drawing, or all? If all, are you opening from the same template? Have you updated all Hotfixes and Service Packs? (C3D, Map3D, and AutoCAD) Do you have any Lisps, VBA, Add-ons, etc., that are not on the colleague's computer?
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Pointdump

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply, These issues are happening in every drawings, before few months this was not an issue. My colleague's computer and mine are having the same civil3d versions. 

Here is the screen-cast of my issue.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/49465684-1508-4459-839c-f626d7889c17

Kind Regards

Jawahar

Screencast will be displayed here after you click Post.

Message 4 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: Anonymous

Jawahar,
In your ScreenCast I noticed that when you re-open the drawing the ViewCube flips over, South on Top.
Please post that drawing and a screen shot of versions by using the ABOUT Command.
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Pointdump

Hi Dave, 

After a week struggle I found the issue happened because of my file save options, for some client requirement I keep the file to be saved to AutoCAD 2013, 

Capture.JPG

Now I checked by changing that to Auto cad 2018, 

Capture-2.JPG

After doing this I did the same exercise of Online map coverage, It is all working fine, No more issues now. 

Now I will reset my location to the desired position to all my drawings by re-saving it to AutoCAD 2018 versions. 

Thanks for your time DAVE!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report