Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National CAD Standard v6 Template

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
24030 Views, 18 Replies

National CAD Standard v6 Template

Hello Fellow Civ3D Users,

I'm looking for a downloadable template file that contains the NCS v6 layering convention (particularly the Survey or "V" layers). Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

Nick

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
rl_jackson
in reply to: Anonymous

Doesn't the OOTB NCS Imperial Template include these.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous

Attached setup for data from Leica Instruments. I have the AutoDesk Symbols Library installed so some of the point styles may not work. Drop the .txt from the file.

Jim

Matrix3DSurveys

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous

Thanks, Jim! When I open the .dwt, I don't find any layers - what version of C3D is this template compatible with?

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous

IDS C3D 2016  should work on all from 2010 forward. I downloaded the file and checked it last night it works. Make sure you remove the .txt extenshion and olace it in the template folder.

I have a pdf her some where that has a list I'll see if I can find it and post it to.

Jim

Matrix3DSurveys

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous

National CAD Standard

Message 7 of 19
jayworks247

HI all I didn't want to start a brand new thread (other forums kill you for starting new threads) so I will add to this thread.\

I have civil 3d 2016 and all my experience has been with utilities. Now I am creating a whole new department for my company, we will be designing groundwater wells (I believe this falls under geotechnical work). I was wondering if there is a place where I can get a list of layers or download layers specifically for creating groundwater wells, groundwater well profiles, and site maps of the ground water wells.

Thank you in advance.

Message 8 of 19
g_k50
in reply to: jayworks247

Do you have the Autodesk Geotechnical Module?  Check your subscription.  It might be worth getting and it does have a set of layers.  See this page: http://assist.keynetix.com/Content/Pages/GeoTechModule/UserGuides/Layer%20Manager.htm

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous

nickjohnsonii

I do not think it there is a download load for NCS v6 out yet. Unless you want to purchase it from the NCS, it will give you the full guidelines. I attached the link to it below. 

https://www.nationalcadstandard.org/ncs6/index.php

Also I have attached the NCS v5 Layer list too. Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Pablo

Message 10 of 19
Anonymous

Would you know if this v6 standard is compliance with ANSI & ASME drafting standards for drawing use of abbreviations and acronyms all so??

One standard for drawing of equipment systems in mechanical rooms or industrial production systems?

Message 11 of 19
g_k50

The National CAD Standards is more oriented to the Architectural area.  Look to y14 for ANSI/ASME standards

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous

Do you or does anyone happen to have a template file created that has the NCS layers etc incorporated?  Mostly looking for something on the mechanical/plumbing side.

Message 13 of 19
rl_jackson

In general C3D isn't for mechanical or plumbing, that sounds like something you would need for Revit. But I believe its BIM capable so that's a completely different ballgame.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous

hello,

have you looked at city standards?

http://austintexas.gov/department/engineering-services-division

the city of austin, tx has a very detailed file setup of and base files for almost everything.

good luck,

nonbeard13

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous

hello again,

another item to thing about and seriously work at, from AutoCAD University (thank you!!):

10 Habits to Avoid the “CADD janitor”

https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/class/10-Habits-Avoid-CADD-Janitor-2018

best wishes,

nonbeard13

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous

I had downloaded a PDF copy of the CAD standards and build the template
files from the layers standards out lined in the PDF file. As I recall I
found the file on the Cal Trans web site. Otherwise it is $$ to buy the
book.

Jim

Message 17 of 19
rl_jackson

C3D has a limited amount of the bim in the BIM so it's really a waste of $$, Revit is "BIMsomewhere"

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous

Hi Paul:

Do you have USNCS, V5 or V6 full document?

I have V4, I would like to have V5 or later, I'm using Revit and need for for guidance only, can you share it?

Thanks

Ahmed

Message 19 of 19
Anonymous

The copy I got it seems was from the on line document library of either
CaDOT or Tx DOT or an engineering school I don't remember. just do a
search for "National CAD Standards v6 PDF"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report