Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modelling constant height electrical pit(STRUCTURE) in PIPE NETWORK.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
320 Views, 3 Replies

Modelling constant height electrical pit(STRUCTURE) in PIPE NETWORK.

Hi guys,

I am using pipe network to model an electrical pipe network. The network has some pits that have constant dimensions (Say Type A, B, C and so on). I have modelled those pits in Inventor-Infrastructure Parts Editor and imported them in Civil3D as PIPE NETWORK STRUCTURE. Length and width cam out as I wanted them to be  but the height is not a constant. Is there an easy way to have constant height for the pits without needing to go to structure proprieties to adjust it  ? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Adversely, I modelled the structure and i have a constant height !! 

did you insert the height in IPE ? 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

You need to have a case-sensitive parameter "USHeight" for sub-surface structure if you want the height to vary. 

I got around having a constant height pit by defining a User Defined Parameter "USheight" and assigning it non-zero value. That way IPE will not throw warnings or errors and I controlled the actual sub-surface structure height with another parameter. Hope it helps. 

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

0.jpg
For the structure properties I have parameters to control the height but it doesn't work as you see the structure solid have a constant height even if the grip gives the value i insert 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report