Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPDIST List?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
389 Views, 6 Replies

MAPDIST List?

Hi all,

I have several drawings to transform from DHDN to ETRS89. I would like to check the accuracy of the transformation by compare the lenght of all (poly)lines in the DHDN drawing and in the ETRS drawing. I know there`s the MAPDIST command to meassure the lenght, but I have to do them with click on two points.

But I have a lot of lines in the drawing. So is there an other command who meassure the lenght of all lines in the drawing by themself (without user intervention) and store all lines with lenghts in a seperate file or table?

Thank you,

Jeannine

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

DataExtraction hould give you the results you are looking for all polylines in the drawing.

run Dataextraction.

Select Polylines

Then Geometry then length. Output is to a .csv .xls .mtb or .txt

Hope that helps!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,

I tried dataextraction.

That works, but I also nedd the coordinates from each polyline. In the output are fields with start x/y and end x/y. But there empty in the csv file, because in properties of the polyline are just the coordinates from the vertex point. 

How can I add the vertex in the output fields?

Thanks,

Jeannine

Message 4 of 7
rl_jackson

@Jennine,

Would it not be simply enough to just check the distance between 1 line in each drawing, the transformation is global so everything is going to change by the same ratio.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rl_jackson

Yes, that would be simple. But that`s a work for my bachelor theses and my prof would like to have the lenght of all lines 😞

If it`s not possible to add a field with the vertex coordinates of the lines maybe I will meassure a few lines in each drawing...

Message 6 of 7
rl_jackson

Well how about creating survey points at all the vertices (you could convert each to a polyline) export each set of points which would then give a the coordinate value from which to come each drawing with in a spreadsheet.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rl_jackson

Can I do this automatically or have I do this manuell at each line?

Because that are thousands of polylines in each drawing 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report