Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Profile Graph

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
766 Views, 5 Replies

Making Profile Graph

hello all... 

i'm new in using civil 3d..

i have 1 question

like photo i attached here... how to set profile graph (red arrow) plot like white line (yellow arrow) following station/chainage.. 

for information white line in image attached here i create manually..

tq 
ExampleExample

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think what you want to do is set in the Profile View Style. The Profile View is the graph that the profile shows up on. You can edit its settings by right-clicking it on the Toolspace>Settings tab, or by selecting the grid in your drawing and right-clicking. In the menu that shows up you select Edit profile view style.

Usually you have more than one style to account for different situations. At this point you can edit the style you selected, copy the style to create a new style, or create a new style from the ground up.

On the Grid tab of the profile view style there is a checkbox to Clip vertical grid. If you check this box you then select what you want clip the grid at. In your situation I think you want Clip to highest profile(s).

ClipGrid.png

Note that you can also clip the horizontal grid if desired.

Let me know if this works or if we should explore other possibilities.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for your respond..

i already do like what you tell me, but it does not work..

i "create profile from surface" 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

The graph will only extend to the existing ground surface where there are grid lines. If you want it to more closely follow the existing ground profile you will have to increase the grid interval to an appropriate spacing:

PVGrid.jpg

If what you want is a profile that looks like the white line you drew you should use Profile Creation Tools to create a new profile - a profile that does not follow the surface but goes where you want it to go, like the white lines:

PCT.jpg

Did I answer your question? If not maybe you could draw a more complete picture of exactly what you want. I know translating to English doesn't always work well, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

Message 5 of 6
AllenJessup

First you have to start at an even station to have this work. Then edit the Profile View Properties. Change the Weeding factor to equal you Station interval.

Weed.png

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you very much.. i will try it and let you know

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report