Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level of Detail default to off

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
darrell.kennedy
3176 Views, 5 Replies

Level of Detail default to off

Hi all,

Is there a way to set the level of detail default to off (Civil 3D 2018)? I want to open a drawing and have the default setting be level of detail off. 

It appears when the first window popped up and I pressed turn on and checked the do not show message again box, that the system defaulted to turning on the feature on for every drawing that qualifies. I even opened a drawing, turned it off, saved, closed, and reopened the drawing and it still defaulted to on.

Any ideas? I saw a post that mentioned adding a few lines of code to the acaddoc.lsp file. But I did not want to go messing with autocad install files without further investigating alternative methods.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

What version of 2018 are you running? Do you have all updates installed?  (Go to About Autodesk Civil 3D in your Help menu>0

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 6

Product Version: 12.0.1386.0 Autocad Civil 3D 2018.2 Update

I have the autodesk desktop app so that keeps me up to date typically.

Message 4 of 6

This should be a set it and forget it situation. But maybe open you dwt and set it in there and then save it.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

I am not sure what you mean by open my .dwt? I do not use templates, I open a fresh drawing each time I create a new drawing. However the drawings I am working with were not created by myself. As stated in the OP I already tried to open the drawing, turn off the feature, save and close.

Message 6 of 6

Hi all, 

I found the solution to this problem.

1. OPTIONS

2. System Tab

3. Hidden Message Settings

4. Expand all options until Level of Display is shown.

5. Check those to have the message reappear.

6. Apply. OK.

7. Save.

8. Open a drawing that will require the message to pop up.

9. DO NOT ENTER Level of Display mode. Keep the current level of detail and click do no show me this message again.

10. Walla, all future drawings will default to Level of Detail turned off when opening the drawing.

Cheers all!

(Solution credit MS - ADSK Support)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report