Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout with Different View Port Adjust different line width

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Engr_Rod_D_Lecetivo_RMEE
246 Views, 4 Replies

Layout with Different View Port Adjust different line width

Hi everyone,

I am working on Civil3D on a railway alignment combined with different discipline.

This does mean that I just want to create  different viewport from that alignment this also include the keyplan and just manipulate the layers on a specific viewport and the scaling annotation of the line width or no line object width at all.

I already created a layout with different viewport. We can also do it automatically using create frame.
My concern is that I have a key plan. What I want my keyplan should not have the line thickness or so. 

I tried different options and search online. but I have no luck finding any possible solution. tried to ask Copilot still no luck. 
Maybe I am asking the wrong question?
Sorry can't share any files on you guys to work around on it but any sample file on the available resource will do. 

Cheers,

Rod 

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Usually a key plan just has the alignment and/or right of way and some rectangles showing the sheet views. If you set your msltscale to 1 the lineweights should scale to the viewport scale. If the lineweights are too thick change the VP Color or VP Lineweight in the layer manager. Which one you change will depend on if you are using .ctb or .stb plot style.

Message 3 of 5

Thank you very much, I understand the concept of a keyplan. I would like to work around with if the AutoCAD have already function on viewport that act separately.

For example, We create a Railway and and already automate a viewport by create frame automatically in Civil3D.
Then we xref all other discipline. In our layout that came from create frame we have already set the standard. I want to create a keyplan. In relation to the alignment via viewport. By simply hiding the other discipline into that specific viewport. and making the automatically generated frame appear into it and just add a hatch on it. 
Just like what you said, simple alignment and just the area with.

Currently, what I am doing is create a separate scaled alignment just for the purpose of key plan but this is a messy work in my opinion and just want it to make it simple. 

Maybe if this feature is not yet out we can suggest the idea or I am missing some important workaround into it. Sorry for the trouble.
Thank you very much for your time.

Cheers,
Rod

Message 4 of 5

You can use Layer States to do what you want. They are nice because you can export them for use in other drawings. If a drawing has different XREFs the Layer State can be modified and the updated for that drawing.

Message 5 of 5

Thank you very much, I never know this feature. Let me try this one and let you know if it works on what i want for my output. This can apply into my other working condition.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report