Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Properties Tab Not Showing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
hamishvolly00
182 Views, 2 Replies

Layer Properties Tab Not Showing

Hello,

I am trying to bring up the tab "Layer Properties Manager" where you get a list of all the layers, the ability to change colours, line weights, transparency, etc.

I have just changed and installed Civil 3D as our new program. When I click the "Layer Properties" button or type "LAYER" into the command line, I get the options in the image attached, but not the tab that normally comes up.

Why would this be, and how can I fix this?

I have tried:

- Restarting computer

- Making sure I only have one screen on (to see if it was off on the other screen)

- Have the latest version (installed the program new to my computer 2 days ago)

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

When you install Civil 3D, AutoCAD is included within the same program, and you can switch the interface to see the "Layer Properties Manager" from AutoCAD. In the ribbon above the tools, you have some options to choose:

Sem Título.png

When you choose "Drafting & Annotation" option, it will show the AutoCAD interface.

paulo_santoso_0-1721275821580.png

If it keep not showing, you can also reset the position of the palette:

In Windows, return the Layer Manager palette to its default position.
  1. Close all AutoCAD instances.
  2. Press WIN+R.
  3. Enter regedit and click OK.
  4. Browse to the following key in the registry and delete it (the exact key depends on the product and version being used).
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\<Product>\RXX.X\<CLSID>\Profiles\<ACAD Profile name>\Dialogs\LayerManager
  • Example, for AutoCAD 2017:
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R21.1\ACAD-0001.409\Profiles\<ACAD Profile name>\Dialogs\LayerManager

If this answer helped you, please click on ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Hope it helps you

Paulo Santos | BIM Expert | LinkedIn | Contatos |
Message 3 of 3

Hello,

Thank you for the fix.

The AutoCAD "Drafting & Annotation" did not bring up the 'Layer Properties' as a new tab. I got the same results as before.

What did work was deleting the file 'LayerManager' as suggested.

I re-opened Civil 3D, clicked the Layer Properties button and the new tab appeared.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report