Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LandXML surface size limit

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dhenderhan
290 Views, 5 Replies

LandXML surface size limit

I have a huge surface (.mms is 467mb) that I attempt to export to .xml and after 10 minutes, it creates an empty .xml file. Is there a size limit on surface LandXML exports?

Thanks,

David E. Henderhan, PLS
Civil 3D 2025
Dell Precision 3660 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel (R) RTX A2000
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 2.10 GHz
128 GB ram
Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
VincentSheehan
in reply to: dhenderhan

There must be. I run into the same issue all the time. I use Infraworks to import the XML then export from there into Civil 3D.

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

Message 3 of 6
VincentSheehan

I just realized you are exporting from Civil 3D, not importing.

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

Message 4 of 6
rl_jackson

With the .mms file I would recommend simplifying you drone based data (simplify surface) until the mms file no longer exists.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

I guess that your surface is something like the natural ground or existing ground that created from several input such as DEM file, large Lidar file, etc, that why your civil 3D file  was created .mms file.  if this case I will not export the civil 3D object to the LandXML file. LandXML file is work if your civil 3D object are not tool big, it is fine for alignment, design surface such as Embankment dam surface etc, like this below that i export only design surfaces. 

teerawatpSCHYQ_0-1720755562756.png

that mean you should think to do not try to export for the large civil 3D object especially the civil 3D surface that with mms file..

Message 6 of 6

Try reducing the output to simply Points.

Matthew Anderson, PE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report