Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labeling cross section

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
240 Views, 6 Replies

labeling cross section

what is the proper way to label the station, proposed and existing elevations, in stacked format in a cross section? The only way I know how to do it is to rename all the sample lines to their station name and then use the sample line name in the label of the section. there's got to be a better way.

also, does civil 3D cut cross section sheets? i noticed it does p&p's.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
swatfor_PDCOG
in reply to: Anonymous

When creating the sample line, change the name by clicking the pencil button on the tool bar and then inserting the raw station. I've enclosed a picture that may help. The sample lines will then be named according to station. Message was edited by: swatfor
Sandy W.
Message 3 of 7
swatfor_PDCOG

You need to create a data band for the proposed and existing elevations. You can customize them to go almost anywhere on the section.
Sandy W.
Message 4 of 7
swatfor_PDCOG

Sorry I forgot the picture on the first post

well maybe ... Message was edited by: swatfor
Sandy W.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

is there a way to make them show as "20+00" format, instead of "2000.000" format? that's all i can get, with all three station formats under the create sample lines toolbar.
Message 6 of 7
Civil3DReminders_com

Copy and paste the line below as the name, it should give the + format. If the units or another format isn't what you want just go to an alignment label and insert the raw format into the label with the formatting you want then copy the items in between the ( ) and replace it in the label.

<[Sample Line Raw Station(Uft|FS|P2|RN|AP|Sn|TP|B2|EN|W1|OF)]>

I took this from 2008, I'm not sure if it changed between 07 and 08. Message was edited by: ChristopherF
Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

It would not work to create data bands, because they are for labeling the cross section view, not the section itself. hence, they would always have to be at the same position in reference to the section view, and would come in at a different location in every cross section, depending on the features of that section.

There has to be a way to label the cross sections without having to drag every separate one, but I still haven't figured it out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report