Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label feature line high/low points

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tradaios
432 Views, 3 Replies

Label feature line high/low points

Hello Everybody

I need to put a label on a feature line's high and low points, but i cannot find the way to do it.

Basically i have not figured out a way to "locate" where those points are.

This is very difficult where the feature line is a corridor generated one (eg edge of pavement) where the profile and the superelevation create a complex geometry for the feature line.

The best way to locate those points is where "grade ahead" and "grade back" are positive and negative, but i cannot define a label to be put in this place.....

Any thoughts ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: tradaios

Can you create a profile from the feature line (in one way or another) and have the profile label set include high/low points?

Message 3 of 4
tradaios

That could work but this is quite complicate.

I am looking for a way to do this in feature line. It seems strange that there is no way to do this with civil 3d labeling tools

Message 4 of 4
TerryDotson

If you were to consider third party add-ons, DotSoft's C3DTools has a Figure Label Information tool that uses overrules and transient graphics to alter the appearance of FeatureLines (along with 3dPolys and others) as you work. You can label elevations with High/Low point tags, slopes along segments, color segments based on slope range and much more.  The best part is that at any time you can turn them off, and they are not actually stored in the drawing.

FigLabInf.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report