Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KMLExport Line Weight

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1663 Views, 6 Replies

KMLExport Line Weight

Hey All,

I am having difficulty setting up line wights when exporting a .KML map from Autocad Civil. I am currently exporting the map via the - toolbox  - miscellaneous utilities - export KML.

All of the lines in the model have been set up with a line weight of 0.05 mm. When opening the KML into google earth the lines are much thicker than I'm looking for.  I am mapping individual solar maps with approx H: 1200 W:900 dimension, so the line weight needs to be very small!

Is there a way of reducing the line thickness?

Thanks, Steve

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jhonathanmpg
in reply to: Anonymous

Good morning Steve, from what I understand you have already set the line thicknesses but did you do it from the layers or selecting all the lines you are going to export and force this parameter with a line thickness of 0.05 mm? Try this way that served me when I had problems, I also exploited all the polylines and forced the lineweight.
Greetings to all.
Jhonathan

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Jhonathanmpg

Hi 

Jhonathan, Thanks for responding, I am currently adjusting the layer lineweight via the layer properties only. 
I wasn't aware that the line thickness can be forced during export, were about would I select this option?
Thanks Steve

Message 4 of 7
Jhonathanmpg

Excuse me Steve but it is not during the export, the procedure would be to exploit everything and leave it in lines, change the properties of the "objects (lines)" lineweight 0,05mm and then export to kml by selecting only the objects (lines) with the changed properties .

Let me know if it served you or if you need to clarify more about it.

Jhonathan

Message 5 of 7
lynn_zhang

Hello @Anonymous 

Did you follow the suggestion above and did it work for you? Let us know if you still need help.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 6 of 7
byoung
in reply to: lynn_zhang

I believe I was having the same issues as @stephencatterall and @Jhonathanmpg 's solution worked for me. 

Message 7 of 7
Gary_Kuroski
in reply to: lynn_zhang

I selected all the objects that I wanted to export for my KML. I changed the line weight 0.05mm and then performed the export. It worked perfectly. 

Gary_Kuroski_0-1713888400411.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report