Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Generating Gradiings

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
leeY62HC
343 Views, 6 Replies

Issues Generating Gradiings

Hi all, was wondering if anyone has had this issue before and knows any way to resolve it.

I’ve got a ground model which is a car park surface. Plus some additional surfaces, roads, footprints of building and related hardstanding etc.

The issue I’m having is when trying to add a grading to any of the perimeter feature lines which define the surfaces. This issue persists both when tying grading back to the existing surface or doing a grading to distance not tied to a surface

The grading creation seems to work, I follow all the steps and technically it’s created it (no errors) but for some reason no grading at all is visible. It’s like the dwg has an issue with generating any gradings.

I data shortcutted the surfaces into a new drawing and drew feature lines along the edgesm applying levels and done the gradings in the second drawing no issues at all. I can then data shortcut the grading surfaces back in. So I’ve got a workaround, but can’t figure out why I need to do this in the first place. Any ideas?

I should note there is gradings in the original model from a while back, it’s just any new gradings it won’t let me do. Perhaps a corrupt file?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: leeY62HC

Have you tried audit, purge, repeat unil 0 styles and 0 regapps remain?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
leeY62HC
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I had not, but I just did there to test and it never worked.

Lee

Message 4 of 7
Joe-Bouza

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/grading-to-surface-question/m-p/9331551#M418372

I replied to your issue in the wrong thread. My post in the link address your condition

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
leeY62HC

Hi Joe,

I am able to to now see after changing the styles. I cant beleive I never thought of something so simple, sometimes the answer is staring you in the face. 🙃

A note, on the distance grading - that was just a test, the grading will need to link to the surface there (it's a 20 degree rock blasting cut!) So just ignore the grading to distance, i was only testing if i could see the grading by using another method.

I really appreciate the help, thanks for taking the time and consideration to answer my questions, you've saved me a lot of stress. Have a good day. 

Kind Regards

Lee.

Message 6 of 7
Joe-Bouza

Happy to Help Lee

I know Grading's can get frustrating. Not sure if you are aware but 2017 and up allows for feature lines to be baselines in a corridor that you can attach an assembly to. I've mostly gone that route instead of grading's. the corridor is a much more stable object IMO.

Great day

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
leeY62HC

good to know, will bear that in mind. Cheers Joe. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report