Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add additional parcel number for duplex lots?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
274 Views, 3 Replies

Is there a way to add additional parcel number for duplex lots?

Working with parcels in Civil 3D 2018. I have an issue where I have with one lot and a single building split down the center. The jurisdiction requires each of the dwellings to be labelled, however, they do not need separate lots/parcels. I am currently not displaying any parcel labels and am annotating manually, but this creates label issues when creating my area table. As far as I can tell, parcels can only have one label generated by parcel creation.

Is there a way to add a second, sequential lot number, to individual parcels through parcel creation?

Or is there a work around? Potentially something like skipping a number in sequence and then manually adding an annotative label?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MMcCall402
in reply to: Anonymous

Look into Parcel Union.  You can join two or more parcels into one.

image.png

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 4
mikeevans6697
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like you could use Sites to differentiate. A bit more owrk, but you would have Site 1 with the parent parcels displaying no labels, and Site 2 with the duplex lots displaying labels. That way you can control the reporting of the parent parcel and 'building' lots seperately.

More of a work around, but may get you what you need.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mikeevans6697

What I ended up doing was setting the number and naming parameters to odd and even numbers for each parcel respectively. I set the parcel numbers on odd numbers (1,3,5, etc.) and set the name to (2,4,6, etc.), using the auto counter formulas, then set the table to display as name-number. I still have to use manual text for display purposes and turn the parcel label display off. Ideally, I would like the actual display labels to be dynamic as well so that I can move them for display purposes, but will have to dig into that when time allows.

This doesn't really address the issue of how the program displays the parcel names, but it does address the table issues dynamically, which is sufficient for what I am doing to this point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report