Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to edit a predefined subassembly in the subassembly composer?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
aec_017QKQU
225 Views, 2 Replies

Is it possible to edit a predefined subassembly in the subassembly composer?

Hi all,

I want to edit the existing subassembly "daylight general" in the Subassembly Composer to add another link code to a certain aspect of the subassembly. I'm hoping that the OG AutoCAD overlords used subassembly composer to create daylight general but I cannot find a .pkt file for it. A bit of google-fu tells me "You cannot edit subassemblies that were not created using Autodesk Subassembly Composer for Autodesk Civil 3D." 

As in my picture below, I want the yellow portion to fill in with a hatch to show cut or fill as per the rest of the daylight assembly which functions as desired. Where the codes "Top, Datum, Slope_Link" are present, I'd like to add another to define if this portion of the subassembly is in cut or fill, and the hatch respectively fills out.

Is this even possible? Thanks 🙂

Screenshot 2024-02-14 101013.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ChrisRS
in reply to: aec_017QKQU

It is not possible to edit predefined subassemblies in the subassembly composer. 

You might want to vote for this idea I posted in 2017: Make "PKT" files for stock subassemblies available to users. 

There are 43 votes so far.

I am not an assembly expert, so I can't answer your shading question.

You may want to explain it a bit better in a separate post.

Christopher Stevens
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: aec_017QKQU

A lot of the stock subassemblies have been recreated using .pkt files but I didn't see any of the daylight subs. You can find them on your system here (adjust the year accordingly): C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2024\enu\Subassemblies

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report