Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to figure out an easy way to create page reference boxes.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Timothy.McCombs
241 Views, 6 Replies

I am trying to figure out an easy way to create page reference boxes.

We are currently trying to create page reference boxes like we have drawn below. We do not want to go to each page and trace the viewport and we have been messing around with Geomaps and capturing viewports on one layer that can be turned off on the rest of the pages. The only problem is that by capturing the images we are covering our big map and road names. I should also say we are using Civil 3D. There has to be an easy command or lisp already created for this.Reference boxes.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Timothy.McCombs

Are you looking for something like this from the Autodesk App store https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=2430986909281925511&appLang=en&os=Win32_64

They are other similar tools there is you want to explore them too.

Message 3 of 7
cwr-pae

Have you tried the View Frames? In the ribbon under Output or at the command line (CreateViewFrames). This command also can create sheet layouts with borders and add them to a sheet set.

Message 4 of 7
Timothy.McCombs
in reply to: cwr-pae

I am now, thanks. I am trying to figure out the settings inside the "Create View Frames " tab. My goal is to get the frames to come in at the same locations as my viewports do on each page of my drawing. Right now I am at least getting them to show up along alignment but they are a bit larger than my viewports.

Message 5 of 7
cwr-pae

Edit or create new the template used to create the frames. I use it the opposite way ... create the view frames and matchlines first, then have the program create sheet layouts.

Message 6 of 7
Joe-Bouza

Hold on there Bobalooie

The plan production tools ie create view frame is where you start. I assure you by the time you figure a way to get your viewframes to match your viewports the project will have gone through a second maintenance overlay. Sure you can add viewframes manually but you’ll still have to adjust to the existing views which means you’ll have to trace them anyway.

pardon if I’m off base feel free to give them a crack. They do work for that purpose. You will have to figure out how to make them print too . By default they do not print on purpose

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

Use this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Software development
Automatic creation layouts and viewport. Batch printing drawings from model.
www.kdmsoft.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report