Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off warning label?

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
38899 Views, 21 Replies

How to turn off warning label?

In my Alignment Station Label Group, I have a several warning icons showing (a small case 'i' surrounded by a circle).  Usually I can find where to turn these dudes off in a style, but I can't find how to turn off these.....help?!  🙂

TIA,

Tom

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
schroederC3D
in reply to: Anonymous

To dismiss horizontal change notifications:

If you select both the Anchor Profile Geometry Points To Alignment Geometry Points option and the Notify Which Entities Are Affected option on the Profile Locking tab of the Profile Properties dialog box, then symbols are displayed in the drawing and in the Profile Entities vista (when working in Entity-Based mode) if changes are made to the alignment that affect the layout profile.

You can dismiss the notifications from the Profile Entities vista and from the drawing by clicking on them in the Profile Entities vista, or by using the commands described below.

To dismiss a single notification:

1. Select the profile.
  2. Click Profile tab -> Notifications Panel -> Horizontal Changes drop-down -> Dismiss Selected Notification.
  3. Select the profile sub-entity that has the notification that you want to dismiss.
  4. Select additional profile sub-entities or press Enter to end the command.

Notifications are removed from the drawing and from the Profile Entities vista.

Use this command to dismiss horizontal change notifications one at a time.

To dismiss all notifications

1. Select the profile.
  2. Click Profile tab -> Notifications Panel -> Horizontal Changes drop-down -> Dismiss All Notifications

Notifications are removed from the drawing and from the Profile Entities vista.

If the horizontal alignment changes again, new notifications will be displayed on the affected profile entities.

To control the appearance of horizontal change notifications:

You can control the appearance of the notification symbols by modifying the profile style.

1. In Toolspace, on the Settings tab, expand the Profile Styles collection. Identify the style you want to edit.
  2. Right-click the style name and click Edit.
  3. Click the Display tab.
  4. Change the Notification Symbol settings and click OK.
NOTE:The visibility of notification symbols is also affected by the Solution Tip settings on the AEC Editor tab of the Options dialog box.

If this solves your issue or answers your question then please hit the KUDO button or mark as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION!

Reply Syntax?
Command (Uppercase): TRIM, Variable (Italicized): MSLTSCALE, Civil 3D Object (Within brackets): [SITE]

If this solves your issue or answers your question then please hit the KUDO button or mark as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION!

Please support my Idea to revert the forum format to the old one: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-ideas/revert-to-old-forum-layout/idi-p/7917987
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: schroederC3D

The warnings belong to the Alignment, not the Profile.  Clearing profile warnings doesn't affect these, I tried....

Message 4 of 22
mermerCAD

Are they at labels where the text has been overridden?

If so, try HIDELABELOVERRIDEGLYPHS.

Hope it helps!

Meredith

Message 5 of 22
Jeew-m

Dear Friend,

Hope this helps you.

Issue:

Installed Civil 3D 2017 SP1 and now have 'warning" symbols on object labels that have been edited. Cannot located how to turn this feature off.  
User-added image

Causes:

The warning shows when the content of the label was changed. This warning is for informational purpose only and the symbol will not plot.

Solution:

• To clear this message you can right-click on it and choose “Clear Label Text Override”. 
  • To turn it off completely, go to Options menu>AEC Editor tab and un-checking “Drafting” toggle.

Reference

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 22
schroederC3D

Is it due to violated tangency? In the alignment properties, do you have
that check enabled? And you said you already confirmed the warnings are
off for the style.... What does the tooltip say when you hover over it?

Reply Syntax?
Command (Uppercase): TRIM, Variable (Italicized): MSLTSCALE, Civil 3D Object (Within brackets): [SITE]

Please support my Idea to revert the forum format to the old one: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-ideas/revert-to-old-forum-layout/idi-p/7917987
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: mermerCAD

Hi Meredith,

HIDELABELOVERRIDEGLYPHS comes up 'unknown command'.  Maybe it's not in Civil 3D 2018?  I tried typing it slower so the command tips would come up, but there are no similar commands...

Thanks though!

Tom

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeew-m

That did it!!  Thank you!!  That was aggravating the heck out of me!  🙂

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous

See long post above to turn off in 2017

Message 10 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeew-m

Thank you, this was helpful indeed

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous

What did you do?

I have this case and I want to turn off this "i".

I Label.JPG

How?

Thanks

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous

If this is on the horizontal alignment:

Pick the Alignment,

Right Click

Choose "Edit Alignment Style.." from list which should display the "Alignment Style - Design Style LWT" box

Click on "Display" tab.

Click on Warning Symbol light bulb to make them no longer visible.

Good Luck,

Paul Cryer

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous

FYI, Beginning with Civil 3d 2018, Autodesk has added a switch to the Annotate Ribbon.  It wasn't there in 2017.

This setting is global meaning if you need to know which labels have been overridden, you can turn them on, but they will be on everywhere until you turn them off. 

2.jpg

Message 14 of 22
ebeam

I looked for the override glyph toggle in Civil 3D 2018 and it was no where to be found.

any clues?

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: ebeam

I can't remember now, but it may have been part of one of the updates.  Check your version using about and tell us what it says on the Product Version line.

Message 16 of 22
ebeam

I checked my updates, as i thought that was it as well. I believe I am up to date. Latest update was on 7-16-2019 version says Civil 3D 2018.1.2

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous

Could it just be turned off?  Right click on the Annotate ribbon and verify that 'LabelText' panel is checked.

Message 18 of 22
ebeam

yes it is on. turned it off and on a couple of times to see if that helps

Message 19 of 22
jefflambert9091

In your options, go to the far right tab, AEC Editor, look at the very bottom left for Solution Tips, Display solutions tip when: Drafting. Click off the "Drafting Box". See attached

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 20 of 22
ebeam
in reply to: jefflambert9091

thank you, I was able to find that solution, finally. but appreciate you mentioning it. I just cant figure out why my toggle overrides tool isn't there. I'm up to date on service packs for 2018 so it should be there. At least I know how to turn them off another way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report