Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show right profile for 2 parallel lane with one group of stationing?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
EHuA32QU
375 Views, 6 Replies

How to show right profile for 2 parallel lane with one group of stationing?

I have a road need to produce profiles for each bound. However I want to  use the center line as the only base line for stationing.(to do that I can use station to identify cross section right). But with one group of stations I can not have 2 profiles. because between stations the distance is different for those parallel lane. I wonder how people mange that.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tcosta7B84R
in reply to: EHuA32QU

Hi, I don't know if I understood what you are trying to do, but I think the offset alignment and offset profile from your centre alignment (CL) would do the work for your bond profiles. 

tcosta7B84R_0-1709858849864.png

Sorry if I misunderstood your question, if you don mind, could you explain maybe posting a few screenshots?
Cheers

Message 3 of 7
tcorey

Do you know about Superimposed Profiles?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 7
EHuA32QU
in reply to: tcosta7B84R

Thank you for your response.

On the offset alignment the stations differ with parent alignment due to the curve geometry. I am not sure whether the stations displayed on the x-axis of the offset profile represent the parent alignment or the offset alignment.

Message 5 of 7
EHuA32QU
in reply to: tcorey

Thank you for your response.
Message 6 of 7
EHuA32QU
in reply to: tcosta7B84R

I understand now, the stations on the offset profile correspond to the stations on the offset alignment. This means that the elevations on the offset profile do not necessarily match the elevations of the corresponding cross-sections. I mean when we call a cross section station 100+00(from Cl),it's elevation at offset alignment is not what show on offset profile (station 100+00)

Message 7 of 7
tcosta7B84R

You can set the elevation to 0% (screenshot) when creating the offset profile, and that will be the same level as your main profile, but it will have its own station as it is a distinguished individual alignment, you can superimpose (screenshot) that into your main profile view, but it will sit on top of your profile in terms of elevation, then you can use the station from your profile on it.

tcosta7B84R_1-1710294389223.png

for superimpose profile you can also click on your main profile view and go to Launch Pad, Superimposed Profile

tcosta7B84R_2-1710294468809.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report