Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show detail of cross section just like this Picture ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
412 Views, 7 Replies

How to show detail of cross section just like this Picture ?

How Can i show detial of cross section just like below picture ?

not same position , just want to know how to add this detail in to section view group.

and then give to draftman to arrange the word.

Thank you.

ex.section-Model.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

To have that added automatically would entail creating a code set style with all the details.

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Can you teach me ? , or tell how to set code style.
try just only to set below detail , subassembly detail.

thank you
Message 4 of 8
Joe-Bouza

I have only toyed with it. There are others who have perfected it. Code set styles are applied to corridor elements defining lable styles . Color linerype etc to links, points, shape and so on. Sorry but I am only on a phone and can only go so far.
But, google civil3d codeset style should get you started. There are oodles and oodles of users blogging detailed instructions. I'm sure you will find it or someone that can point the way. Best of luck

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Joe-Bouza

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/E...

Here is a Autodesk start

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
Joe-Bouza

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/E...

Most OOTB label stye example show offset elevation.

You imagination is the only limit to what and how a section be labled

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Hello , Thank you to teach me , i just near the thing i want.

now , i can cell the description of shape subassembly.

next step i wwant to know are,

1. how to set label stack just like first exsample picture ti shown you.

2. how to set description (in green rectangular) to set label shown dept of subassemply

exsample if I design pave1 have 0.2m of dept , and then i want it show on label description varies by dept i design.

Untitled.png

Message 8 of 8
Joe-Bouza

I see you are moving along. Unfortunately I do not have civil3d available to me to follow along.
If I understand correctly you want the pavement thickness to be part of the description automatically. I'm not 100% sure if it can. You may need to make different code sets for different sizes and add the thickness as static text. But I could be wrong, cant check now.
As for stacking, the line components need to be built and the x,y offsets designed. Again you may need different code sets per application.
one challenge I see in your first diagram is the leads from both sides without text from the other. Not sure how to approach that

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report