Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO CHANGE FROM IMPERIAL TO METRIC

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
9530 Views, 6 Replies

HOW TO CHANGE FROM IMPERIAL TO METRIC

HELLO;

I WORK WITH C3D 2009 AND IT ALWAYS OPENS IN IMPERIAL EVEN WHEN I GO TO SHEET SET AND OPEN A METRIC SET AS SOON AS I OPEN A DRAWING IT OPENS IN IMPERIAL.DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SET EVERYTHING IN METRIC.ALSO MY ANNOTATION SCALE IS STOCK ON IMPERIAL.

THANK YOU

RAMIN

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

OPTIONS > Template Settings > Default Template file name for QNEW

OPTIONS > Template Settings > Default Template for Sheet Creation & Page Setup Overrides

Reid

Message 3 of 7
peterfunkautodesk

A few things:

1. There should be a Civil 3D 20XX Metric icon on your desktop. Start with that one

2. Depending on where you are, there may be a "Country Kit" that you can download and install that will have addtional styles for your country.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you very much for your solution.

Thanks again.

Ramin

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

I'm using autocad 3d 2019. I imported a tin and created a surface and then the surface i have done shows imperial measurement . I want to convert everything in metric

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,

I am not sure how it works with elevations, but I am certain that you can transform horizontal features between two different coordinate systems using a Map3D query, (all) * objects DRAWN(n). You may be able to also accomplish this with a LandXML data transfer, or by using DataShortcuts. If all of this is confusing to you, post (upload) the dwg here. I'm sure that there are people here who would do it for you. If there is no coordinate system assigned to the drawing make sure you specify what system it is in.

Message 7 of 7
david_betham

Hi Peter,

First time to have a client from NZ using metric.  I have an existing XREF to be used drawn in 2022 Autocad 3D Imperial, is there a way I can convert my existing imperial drawing file to a metric one.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report