Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Topmig
284 Views, 5 Replies

Grading help

Hi,

I need help trying to solve a job with grading that I was asked to do.
I have a concave shaped EG and I need to create a platform that has some criteria to follow, such as:
-Constant excavation height of 10 meters on the side of the slope
-The bottom of the excavation cannot exceed a certain elevation
-On the high side of the hill it is necessary to have a slope with a constant slope,
-From the low side of the hill, the platform must stretch until it intersects the EG
-There is an expected volume to be excavated

After carrying out the excavation, it should have a U-shape.

Attached I send an example file to have a better understanding of what I need.

I appreciate your support and wisdom.

Regards.

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SoaresASBCAD
in reply to: Topmig

I opened your file, and I didn't understand well, but I think it's possible to solve it using the grade toolvI opened your file, and I didn't understand well, but I think it's possible to solve it using the grading tool

ASoares
Message 3 of 6
Topmig
in reply to: SoaresASBCAD

Thank´s for the help, but i've tried already.
There are some criteria i need to follow.
I thought the drawing and the profiles would help to understand my issue.
Regards.
Message 4 of 6
SoaresASBCAD

Ok @Topmig 

So look if that's it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN5DtY9gs-w

ASoares
Message 5 of 6
wol000

Do an enclose featureline for the base shape and drop it to the level you want, you've worked out your slopes in the cross sections already, create another featureline for your daylighting outside edge and match existing levels this time, you can edit the points after. Create a new surface with both lines. Create a combined surface with the proposed / existing and your new surface will be removed. Once you have two surfaces / shapes you can do a cut fill for volume,

Message 6 of 6
Topmig
in reply to: wol000

Hi @wol000 ,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already managed to get around the problem in a similar way.
I created a feature line at the base and made a constant offset based on the daylight slope.
After that I manually created a platform with the maximum elevations allowed.
It was close to what was intended, but because the EG has many triangles, it took some work and time.
I thought there was a quick way to create a grading that would make a daylight or stretch the base platform until it intersects the EG (In the example sent, on the descending part of the hill)

Regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report