Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to adjust the border offset factor for the background mask of a multileader?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4105 Views, 5 Replies

How to adjust the border offset factor for the background mask of a multileader?

I'm wondering if it's possible to adjust the offset factor for the background mask of a multileader. I don't see anything when I try and modify the multileader style. The default offset factor is too big and I find it bothersome quite regularly. Am I missing something or is this not an option? If that's the case has anyone else run into this and use some sort of work-around?

I'm using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

To edit the background mask of existing mleaders with mtext, double click so that you are editing the mtext portion of the leader. Now you can go to the ribbon and press the Mask button. On there is the Border Offset Factor.

To set a background mask size as a default for Civil 3D 2017, edit the registry, find the key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R21.0\ACAD-0000:409\MTEXT

Modify the property called TextMask_BackgroundScale. This controls the Border offset factor.

For 2016, you want R20.1, not R21.0, but I don't know if 2016 supports this.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

Thank you!

Message 4 of 6
CKH_ZuZoo
in reply to: tcorey

I cannot find the registry file, can you tell me the name of the file and the extension type? 

Message 5 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: CKH_ZuZoo

If you don't know what I mean by edit the registry, then I recommend you do not edit your registry. Do you have a friend who can help? You can cause real damage to your system by making mistakes while editing the registry.

However...

...considering the likelihood you're still going to pursue this, even though you've been warned: Hold the Windows key and press R. On the dialog, type RegEdit. Inside the Registry Editor, follow my previous instructions.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 6 of 6
tmillerHXDKE
in reply to: Anonymous

Adding to an old post:

As an alternative to registry editing (most users should not attempt this), the mask and frame can be controlled in the multileader style dialogue. (I don't know about older versions, but this has been working for me since version 2020).

In your multileader style, the leader break size (leader format tab) controls the size of the text mask, and the landing gap (content tab) controls the offset of the text frame. My personal setting is bread size .003 (inches) and landing gap of 0.05 (inches). 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report