Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Conditional Cut or Fill Assembly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2967 Views, 5 Replies

Help with Conditional Cut or Fill Assembly

I trying to understand how to use the Conditional Cut or Fill Assembly, but There must be something I don't get.

Can someone walk me thru on how to use this assembly in a fill situation using the following criteria:

Slope to surface at 3:1 only within 25 feet only

otherwise slope to surface at 1.5:1

I imagine this fairly simple but I just don't get it.

TIA,

Paul

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: Anonymous

There is a screencast in this past post that might help give you some guidance on your use of the conditional cut/fill subassembly: LINK

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 6
Jeew-m

Dear Friend,

In addition to the above video this one is also helpful.

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 6
marlon32peroti

Rather than a single  assembly alone  use gradings , create a feature line on the edge of the assembly's firts slope  en run the second slope as a grading. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeew-m

I've been trying to follow along with your video. I get hung up trying to understand how these SA's work.  Here are a few screenshots of what I have so far. My first attempt here is trying to get a slope to daylight at a 3:1 slope within 37' of my alignment.  You can see from my section view that the slope cuts right thru the existing ground and daylight at the 37' mark.

Capture2.JPG

I thought conditional cut & fill SA tests if the slope hits the existing grade within a distance of 37' at 3:1 it should stop there?

Capture1.JPGCapture3.JPG

What don't I understand????

Thanks,

Paul

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Doh!!!  I'm sorry.. I see that this is working correctly. The slope of my Daylight line is at 1:5 and not 3:1.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report