Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph title under the lines

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
jerome.raby
1039 Views, 11 Replies

Graph title under the lines

Hi, I want to know if it's possible to mask my graph title in my profile view?

The graph line shows above my title. I made a caption of my problem.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
J.FOCHT
in reply to: jerome.raby

Hello @jerome.raby ,

There are a few things that could be tried. Not knowing what you have tried or what the particular entity is, i will list some and we can eliminate them.

• If its a text feature, turn on background mask
  • Make sure that the entity is showing above the graph. (Select the object, right click, draw order, bring to front)
  • If its a label then in the label style composer, under the section Border, turn the background mask on.

If this helps you then hit the LIKE button or mark as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION!

Thank You!
Jonathan Focht

Message 3 of 12
jerome.raby
in reply to: J.FOCHT

Thanks for helping

Normally i will do exactly the same things you said. But in this particular case, all the options you said are not working because it's a label in the graph style. 

Message 4 of 12
wfberry

You can remove all the text from the content box

or

Change the text height to such a small size it will only be a blip on the plan.

Bill

Message 5 of 12
jerome.raby
in reply to: wfberry

No, i want that text to appear because it's the name of my profile view.

I did not find the solution for the text to appear above the lines because the normal solutions that works well for other situation like J.FOCHT said are not working for this particular case.

Message 6 of 12
J.FOCHT

would it be possible for you to post your drawing or just the profile so we can look at it? It may be easier to understand what is happening that way.

If this helps you then hit the LIKE button or mark as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION!

Thank You!
Jonathan Focht

Message 7 of 12
jerome.raby
in reply to: J.FOCHT

@J.FOCHT wrote:

would it be possible for you to post your drawing or just the profile so we can look at it? It may be easier to understand what is happening that way.

Check the image of my profile view. The text box appear when you name your profil view but when i go into the style of my profile i do not have the option to mask my text. My question is: did you know how to make my text box appear above my profile lines. I dont want to create a manual box with masking text.

Message 8 of 12
Jeff_M

@jerome.raby , unfortunately, I don't think it's possible in the current state of the ProfileView Styles. 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 9 of 12
cwr-pae

You can't do it with the view style, but you can do a work around fairly easily with a profile line label style, see the example I attached. You need a dummy non-plotting profile that has no vpi's to do it. The label is inserted with dimension anchor at graph view bottom with an offset appropriate to you graph. I left the line on in the style as to illustrate how it works, in the final style you would set the lines visibility to false.

Message 10 of 12
jerome.raby
in reply to: cwr-pae

Thanks it works fine for me!

Message 11 of 12
ChrisRS

I see two work around options:

1.   Add a Note label style that includes reference text. The style can include a border and background mask.    aa

• The reference text cannot address Profile Views, so you will have to link it to the Profile itself. The reference text component can use the Profile Name or Profile Description. 
  • The note label style can additional text    "PROFILE FOR <[Name(CU)]>"
  • Add the note label and position it over the Profile view.
        (You may want to reposition or eliminate the actual profile view title.)
  • This is dynamic to profile name/description changes.

2.   Use 2 viewports. Divide and conquer. I assume that you will be publishing from a layout. (See sketch below.)

• Leave the Profile label title in its normal location below the profile view.
  • On a layout, in paper space, create a viewport that includes the profile view but not the title
  • On a layout, in paper space, create a viewport that includes just the title.
  • Position the "title" viewport over the "profile view" viewport 
  • You may want to group the viewports.
  • This is dynamic because you are using only the profile view and no supporting objects.

Both of these methods let you position the title to avoid profile view content.

It would de nice if the Civil 3D were to add background masks for the titles, or make more objects and properties available to reference text and fields. However, they seem not to address issues if there are work arounds, even if they are are obscure or cumbersome.  

image.png

Christopher Stevens
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
Jowennl

Hi @jerome.raby ,

Interesting topic you got here. I'd like to add another workaround. See attached <Screencast Link> and sample dwg as a guide. Excellent workaround to both @cwr  and @ChrisRS.

Cheers,

Jowenn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report