Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading Optimization - Level tie-ins

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
michaelZPKQP
219 Views, 3 Replies

Grading Optimization - Level tie-ins

Not sure if anyone's spent much time experimenting with this functionality. I need to produce prelim bulk earthworks designs for a few small warehouse developments. The client is looking at costing across different sites, so this needs to be quick but fairly accurate. Seemed like a perfect opportunity to try out the Grading Optimization tool. I've kept it simple in GO, just setting the grading extent, the building platforms and the roadway (as a parking GO item). Is there a way I can define the accessible side of the building - such that the road surface can align? Trucks will need to reverse up to the warehouse to load and offload, so the level interface between the two surfaces is fairly important

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lim.wendy
in reply to: michaelZPKQP

Hi Michael, 

Welcome to the Civil 3D forum! Thanks for posting. @jmayo-EE has extensive experience with this feature and might be able to provide some practical insights and tips on how best to achieve the alignment you need. John, do you have any advice you can share on optimizing these settings?

I'm including @Charlie.Ogden  from the Product team, who might be able to provide valuable insights.

If they helped solve your issue, consider hitting the "Accept Solution" button. This helps others searching for similar problems find the answer quicker. It also lets our community know which topics are resolved and which still need attention. Plus, it's a great way to show appreciation to the person who helped you!

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Rails Summit

Message 3 of 4
jmayo5EJM2
in reply to: michaelZPKQP

Sorry for being late to the party. 🙂

You should be able to do this with GO. I would review the training videos that Charlie, John and Val created if you have not. Here is a link to the first video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1UCNW38qPI&t=210s

This series in particular goes through using reveals, creating sidewalks and ADA parking and sidewalks. I would think this should get you through the project.

If you have more specific questions please reply back.

John

Message 4 of 4
jmayo5EJM2
in reply to: jmayo5EJM2

Also note there are two different GO learning series on You Tube that Charlies, John and Val did. I gave you link to the first series which I think meets your project needs better. The post description has links to the reaming parts in the series.

Here is the second series which is also very helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1UCNW38qPI 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report