Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting cogo points with layer information & marker rotation

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mabrman
338 Views, 5 Replies

Exporting cogo points with layer information & marker rotation

I've tried DATAEXTRACTION, MAPEXPORT and EXPORTPOINTS for this one, but it seems like I'm looking a little more functionality.

Coming from a web-development background, I've been given a fairly complex landfill infrastructure drawing to make a GIS application where on-site people can quickly find a location by it's name on a map. (Basically google maps with search functionality) on their tablets/phones.

Ideally I'd want to make a selection of points and export them as a *.csv with the following columns:

- Northing

- Easting

- Elevation

- (RAW) Description

- Rotation (as seen in Properties of the Cogo Point, "Marker Rotation" under "Annotation")

- Layer (the Cogo point appears on)

Is this possible?

I'm thinking a LISP command might be the only way to achieve this. If someone has a good introduction for AutoLISP development a reference would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Pointdump
in reply to: mabrman

Hi Matthew,
Welcome to the Autodesk Forums.
Combining results in Excel from both DATAEXTRACTION and EXPORTPOINTS should give you what you want. Can you post a small sample of your drawing?
For a LISP you might try posting in the >>>Civil 3D Customization Forum<<<.
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 6
mabrman
in reply to: Pointdump

I believe DATAEXTRACTION could be useful for the Cogo point Layer, however marker rotation doesn't seem to be available in there.

Do you think joining tables from DATAEXTRACTION and EXPORTPOINTS reliably left join by appending the column on the side? I don't see Point number, Northing, Easting, Elevation or Raw Description available in DATAEXTRACTION which would help connect the tables. Sounds like I'd be relying on the under the hood consistency of Civil 3d to loop through the points in the same order.

Thank you for pointing me to the Civil 3D Customization Forum.
Message 4 of 6
Pointdump

Matthew,
Use EXPORTPOINTS to get Point Number, Northing, Easting, Elevation and Raw Description, then explode your COGO Points. DATAEXTRACTION can then grab Layer and Rotation. There's probably more sophisticated options available before resorting to LISP, like Property Sets and Project Explorer. Another option might be Dynamo. The Dynamo for Civil 3D Forum is >>>Here<<<.
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 5 of 6
Pointdump

Matthew,
I figured out an easy way. In Point Editor choose what column headings you want to display, select all points and choose "Copy to clipboard". You can paste those into Excel and Save As a CSV file.
Dave

CopytoClipboard.png

CopytoClipboard_1.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 6 of 6
mabrman
in reply to: Pointdump

Hey Pointdump! You found a way without LISP! That's incredible!

I followed up on your suggestion to post in Civil 3D customization forum too and got help on that end too with a simple lisp routine! Linking to it for future coders who might stumble upon this thread. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-customization/exporting-cogo-points-with-layer-information-a...

Marking your answer as a great solution to this question as I'm sure people who don't like fiddling with code will appreciate this more.

Thank you again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report