Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting a Civil3d 2017 drawing to CAD while maintaining the 3d entities

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
312 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting a Civil3d 2017 drawing to CAD while maintaining the 3d entities

Hi All

I've recently moved from C3D 15 to 16 and noticed how when I exported a to a CAD drawing the various edge of road levels etc maintained their 3d entities. This was a welcome addition from 15. I've now moved to 2017 and found that it has reverted to exporting to an autocad drawing and losing its 3d entities. With alot of the work I carry out the contractor wants a dwg or dxf as an output with the 3d polylines or polylines with z values. 

Am I missing something or is there an easy straight forward way to do this? At the moment I'm having to extract 3d polylines from each feature line!!! this is very slow and time consuming. I do not understand why you cannot just export from Civil3D to Autocad while maintaining the 3D entities, that is why I'm hoping that im missing something

Thanks in advance

Shay

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

Reading THIS thread might help.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thank you

I'm still confused but have put my query in that thread

thank you

Shay

Message 4 of 4
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

in Civil 3D 2017 the solution is to Extract the Feature Lines from the corridor first (FEATURELINESFROMCORRIDOR). With the option ALL you are able to extract all corridor feature lines in one go.

The function was available in Version 2016 already, but without the "All" option.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report