Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exaggerated Zoom at Random Times

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
6280 Views, 13 Replies

Exaggerated Zoom at Random Times

I recently upgraded my workstation. I use a logitech mouse and keyboard (m510, k350). Zooming in autocad has become ridiculous. In Win 10 settings, I have the mouse scroll wheel at 3 lines. I have the same in Logitech's SetPoint Settings. I have zoomfactor at 60. Zooming will work fine after starting up but then, for no real reason, it will begin to act like my zoomfactor is 1,000,000. Touching the scroll wheel will either zoom in or out so far that I can't see anything. I have work arounds --- change zoomfactor to min (3) but it still zooms far too much in either direction. This is ridiculous because, before now, I've never had to use that system variable in over 10 years of work. Or, restart AutoCAD (which is much faster with the new solid state drive, I must say)... but that's annoying to have to do every half hour. Or, leave the windows mouse settings up and change scroll length from 3 to 1 and back. I've searched google in a manner of different ways but everything it returns is about ordinary zoom problems; ie change zoomfactor, ensure the middle button is correctly identified in setpoint...

Thanks for any help in advance.

Win 10, 32 gb RAM, Quaddro K2200, i7 

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

I wonder if you mouse software allows it to run in Microsoft mode. If so, try that and see. Or just turn off all the Logitech enhanced software and try that.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

I know this won't actually solve your problem, I'll just say i have the same mouse and the same scenario you just described. Got a new work machine,  kept my m510, and the zoom is all haywire. not just in CAD though.  Navigating Google maps, the wheel zooms at varying speeds and I haven't picked up on a pattern. lately in AD products,  I've had to really smash that middle wheel button to get it to pan also. Got nearly 3.5 yrs out of the mouse. Love the m510 I've bought same mouse  for what feels like a billion years.  But I'll be looking at some different options very soon bc this problem isn't tolerable. 
@Anonymous wrote:

I recently upgraded my workstation. I use a logitech mouse and keyboard (m510, k350). Zooming in autocad has become ridiculous. In Win 10 settings, I have the mouse scroll wheel at 3 lines. I have the same in Logitech's SetPoint Settings. I have zoomfactor at 60. Zooming will work fine after starting up but then, for no real reason, it will begin to act like my zoomfactor is 1,000,000. Touching the scroll wheel will either zoom in or out so far that I can't see anything. I have work arounds --- change zoomfactor to min (3) but it still zooms far too much in either direction. This is ridiculous because, before now, I've never had to use that system variable in over 10 years of work. Or, restart AutoCAD (which is much faster with the new solid state drive, I must say)... but that's annoying to have to do every half hour. Or, leave the windows mouse settings up and change scroll length from 3 to 1 and back. I've searched google in a manner of different ways but everything it returns is about ordinary zoom problems; ie change zoomfactor, ensure the middle button is correctly identified in setpoint...

Thanks for any help in advance.

Win 10, 32 gb RAM, Quaddro K2200, i7 

Message 4 of 14
neilyj666

I have a Logitech Laser mouse and this was happening to me randomly so, confirming what @tcorey has said, the solution that worked for me was uninstalling the Setpoint software.

I have never had the zooming problems since Setpoint was removed

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 14
cwr-pae
in reply to: neilyj666

I have the same mouse (M510) and use setpoint with the program specific settings enabled. I don't have the zoom issue any more, I think to solution was to set scrolling @ 1 line and enable smooth scrolling. I also have pointer acceleration set at low and turned off smart move and pointer trails. Pointer speed is set to around middle (memory vaguely says this had some bearing). Also make sure game settings are disabled and retain OS settings on the game tab. I don't have a Logitech KB atm.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: cwr-pae

More weirdness... there are two applications from which I can edit these m510 settings.  They both show something different for "smooth scrolling". 

Under these conditions shown in this screen grab, I have eliminated the random exaggerated zoom issue on my machine.  So for my situation at least...at  present the problem is resolved.

m510 settings.JPG

Message 7 of 14
cwr-pae

Is the right hand (dark) window from with in the setpoint program? Like maybe the unifying settings? If not that is probably the source of your problem, I would uninstall one of the programs. It does resemble the G-series (gaming) software which allows a higher degree of button programing.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

Removing SetPoint (the Mouse's Software) did the trick. No more zooming issues. However, I'm hesitant to mark it as the solution. It is definitely a work around but there are tools in Set Point that I'll miss. I'm going to leave the post open for another week, or so, to see if there are any other ideas. 

Message 9 of 14
neilyj666

I couldn't say that Setpoint was definitely causing the problems I was experiencing as it was random and I couldn't reproduce it on demand but since removing Setpoint it's never happened again.......so you can draw your own conclusions...;)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

I have the exact same problem.  I have a second M510 and tried it as well with no change in behavior.  Changed to a M705 and problem went away.  Went back to the M510 and problem was back.  No software was changed, just pairing of mice through Logitech Unifying Software.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

The issue went away after I uninstalled SetPoint...

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

Removing Setpoint did in fact solve the issue with the M510 mouse and didn't see any change in behavior of M705.  The removal however came as a surprise, since I was aware of the Setpoint issue and thought I had removed it last month.  FWIW

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

Definitely just a work around.. I'd prefer to have setpoint installed. I got tired of fighting it, though. 

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: neilyj666

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report