Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Civil 3D interface Sttings (profiles) (civil 3D 2014)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
150 Views, 1 Reply

Editing Civil 3D interface Sttings (profiles) (civil 3D 2014)

Hi,

I am having trouble in Civil 3D my employer is using a National CADD standrds profile to reference all of their plot syle ctb files and stb files but when i switch to this profile all of the Civil 3D functions disapear like toolspace. If I use the Civil 3D imperial profile I am able to use all of the Civil 3D funtions but lose the referance to the plot styles on my companies server. How would I go about editing the National Cad Standards profile that my company uses to have the civil 3D functions (toolspace) and interface like in the Civil 3D imperial profile? Also the profile works fine in regular autocad. Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
KirkNoonan
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like you want to access plot styles and plotters that are stored in a network location. I wouldn't change the National CADD standards profile. Especially if that is one that your employer has set up. It would be easier to change the profile that you are using to access the network files. Open Civil 3D using the National CADD standards profile, type OP at the command prompt and switch to the files tab in the dialog box that just opened. Expand the items next to "Printer Support File Path". Then expand the sub-items under that and make note of where they are pointing. 

Then change to your Civil 3D imperial profile and go to the same place in the options dialog box. Click on the various paths, hit the browse button and set them to the same locations as the other profile. Then you should be good to go. 

If the issue is ctb vs. stb files, try the CONVERTPSTYLES command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report