Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design of daylight edges in the corridor in a semicircular shape, in the cut and

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Oliver_C3D
408 Views, 3 Replies

Design of daylight edges in the corridor in a semicircular shape, in the cut and

Hi
Please note the image below!
How to define the daylight on the outer edges of the corridor in such a way that it closes the Fill and CUT semicircles to the Target field. Like the image shown below.
Due to the fact that in the execution stage, the edges of cut and fill are executed in this way, not completely perpendicular to the axis!
My suggestion is this: before the daylight is defined for the corridor, turn the outside edge of the corridor, which includes the rider or the dirt shoulder, into a featureline, and then use the grading to give the embankment or excavation a slope. But the problem with this method is that it's both time consuming and the corridor is incomplete!

21345.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeff_rivers
in reply to: Oliver_C3D

I am not sure I understand your question.  Without having a copy of your drawing to see how your corridor is constructed, I can't tell what the problem is.  Is it the small gaps on the upper daylight line?  Or is it that daylight is running so far out from your baseline?  Can you post the drawing, and clarify what your problem is? 

Jeffrey Rivers
Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel i9 3.7GHz, 64 GB
NVIDIA RTX A4000
C3D 2020 V13.2.89.0
Message 3 of 4
Jeew-m
in reply to: Oliver_C3D

Hi,

Check out this video. But it only works if you have single slope for daylight without berms.

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 4
Oliver_C3D
in reply to: Jeew-m

Hello Dear

I explicitly explained the use of this method in my first post, but the problem with this method is that we don't need to do it this way all the way, only at the beginning and end of the fill and cut.
And then there's the other issue, we want to calculate the volume of ground operations along the Road, and we have to intervene more surfaces like grading in addition to the surface of the corridor, which in itself makes the calculation of the volumes not accurate!
Another point is that in this method, berm can also be defined in high-height excavations!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report