Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cut and fill table blank

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tami517
1075 Views, 3 Replies

cut and fill table blank

I have cross sections generated from a corridor. The engineer has requested cut and fill to be broken up by a range of stations. I have a total cut and fill number generated from comparing the existing and corridor surfaces but my per section tables are blank. I am using Civil 3D 2014. Suggestions? 

Capture.PNGsummary.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: tami517

It seems you are using two different methods for vol calcs and only one is setup properly.

The lower chart is from the Volume Dashboard which reports the results of a TIN volume surface.

The tables you appear to be using look like they are from the section views. They are more than likely set up to work with corridor materials and not the TIN volume surface.

If the FG is from a corridor you should look into using materials to calc cut/fill.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
tami517
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I understand that something is not set up properly. I have tried to apply materials to the corridor but clearly have not completed the process or I'm asking for the info wrong or something. I have been trying to learn what I need to do to get it set up for 3 days and have not been successful. I'm at a loss as to what else to try and that is why I'm asking for help.

Message 4 of 4
Kalhab
in reply to: tami517

Try these steps may be it'll help
>You need to have two surfaces (existing ground) and surface corridor(created from the corridor based on point, link and shape code of your preference )
> in toolspace >setting tab>quantity takeoff>quantity take off criteria, eg. For earthworks Calculation: select earthworks>right click and edit
>in the "quantity takeoff criteria" window, delete the existing one and add your EG surface and surface corridor (as a Base and Compare condition)
>create new sample line group for earthworks or material calculation that crosses all the surfaces.
>select one of your sampleline and click compute materials at the top of toolbars.(make sure all parameters are correct)
>click on generate volume report, adjust all parameters(select format in the "select style sheet" for Earth work and Material display )

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report