Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curve Tables

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1618 Views, 11 Replies

Curve Tables

My project engineer wants a curve table on our horizontal control plan.  Easier than Radial dimensions or mleaders, or so we thought. See image.table1.jpg

I've figured out the styles and even how to do a multiple segment line/curve label that just labels the curves (made a line label style that does not display).  Unfortunately I have a huge number of curves to number, almost 500 of them.

When I create a Curve table that has this many labels to display, the tables tend to overlap each other creating something completely unreadable.  Realign stack is handy, but only really helps when there's only a few tables.  I have 65 rows/table and 4 tables per stack, which is the minimum to be able to read.  BUT!  The tables overlap when it sorts them to the 2nd stack.  There's no way to space them vertically, only horizontally!!!!

table2.jpg

I need these tables to be dynamic, as we're not done with the layout yet.  How can I sort/scale them short of exploding to blocks?  

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: Anonymous

under the table properties>split table option there is an Offset value to control the stacking either across (hori.) or down (vert.). perhaps i am mistaken but i thought that controls the spacing between the tables to prevent overlaps.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

That's what I thought too, but you can't do both.  If I change it to vertical, they all stack on top of each other.

Message 4 of 12
cwr-pae

Can you post a copy of the drawing for trouble shooting?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: cwr-pae

Sorry, I posted the HCP but not the base.  

Message 6 of 12
cwr-pae

The issue is scale. Set model space to the same scale as the view port (I use 1:50 in your drawing), realign the stacks, then you can change the scale back to what ever for plan. Stacked tables react badly to having differing scales. Also the viewport has different scales set for annotation and standard, for tables display I would have both set the same.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

This was the answer.  Only thing is the stacks align in modelspace, but are off in paperspace.  It makes no sense.  But thanks for your help!

ModelModelPaperspacePaperspace

Message 8 of 12
Jowennl

Hi @Anonymous ,

Here's more info to make it work. (See animated gif below)

ChangeAndReStack.gifChangeAndReStack.gifAdditional Info - EditedAdditional Info - Edited

Cheers,

Jowenn

Message 9 of 12
cwr-pae

It actually does make sense, if you look at it with your head upside down and over your shoulder. The tables are scaled in one operation and then realigned and positioned by another both based on the scale set in model space. When you move to paperspace the tables are rescaled by the viewport scale, but are still repositioned by the model space scale. Makes sense if even if sloppy programming.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Ok, so the engineer has updated the linework multiple times since my orig post.  His changes have made my dwg's unstable.  Not even a recover (which is the prompt) will solve the issue. All of my tags are lost every time the dwg is closed.

Now I am questioning my method of creating  this stuff in the first place.  

Would the correct workflow be to copy the linework into the current drawing and create the tags off of that?  I worry that the next time stuff changes I will have to recreate everything again.  Previously I tagged the xref'd linework, and it worked just fine.  But now with the stability issue I need to do something different...

Message 11 of 12
_Hathaway

We have encountered this very same issue lately FDGJames.  I assume you are labeling through an xref? This is the way it should and needs to be done to have any sort of project related efficiency.

Our only recourse has been to actually have the pertinent lines and curves that we are labeling in the drawing.  This is a terrible thing, it is inexcusable and I cannot believe we have to do this but we do.  

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Jowennl

This forum is the best!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report