Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating New Coordinate System

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
SaeidHajahmadi
189 Views, 4 Replies

Creating New Coordinate System

I have two different coordinate systems and the 2nd order conformal transformation formula, I'm just wondering if it's possible to create a new coordinate system based on these conversions. 

I also have a set of coordinates in both CS if that can be done in Civil 3D. 

I'm uploading the conversion table here if that can illustrate this better.

My goal is to convert from MGA94 to DMG95 and vice versa, we have MGA94 in Civil 3D but need to create DMG95 as well.

I could create a new CS based on this information in Leica Infinity and 3D Office, it has to be a way to create it in Civil 3D as well. 

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Yubari_90
in reply to: SaeidHajahmadi

Never try to do this but I think it's possible with the map 3D commands in the 'planning and analysis' workspace of civil 3D. 
While waiting for someone else to answer and help you more, you can perhaps look here : AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 Help | Create Coordinate System | Autodesk

Message 3 of 5
Pointdump

Hi Saeid,
I read through your document on converting AMG84 Coordinates to DMG95 Coordinates. Dense reading that I don't completely understand.
The xls file I sorta understand. The tie points are useful, but I don't understand the x,y,e,n columns.
Your options for geodetic transformation in MAPCSLIBRARY are limited, and I don't see anything that directly relates to your document.
Your best option might be an Affine Projection, something like >>>This<<<.
Dave

Transformation_1.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 5
Pointdump

Saeid,
Since you had lots of tie points, I created a custom affine projection. I used Excel to calculate the affine parameters. This could be more rigorously done in QGIS, but check things out and see if it will work.
Drawing attached.
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 5
lim.wendy
in reply to: Pointdump

Hi Saeid,

Thanks to Dave for the detailed explanation and providing the .dwg file for you! Dave's solution seems very helpful, and I'm marking his reply as the "Answer" to this thread.

If you have any questions about Dave's approach or need to provide some additional information or feedback, feel free to comment here, and we can unmark the answer to allow further discussion.

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report