Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
654work
204 Views, 1 Reply

Corridor

I’m working on a road widening project and have a few questions regarding the assemblies.  These have probably been asked before but I could not find them when searching.

1. I need to show existing pavement and am not sure how to produce this in my cross sections.  I setup an assembly with the BasicLane Transition for the existing pavement.  The width and depth are shown correctly in cross section, but not with the existing pavement line style we use.  How do I get the existing pavement to show as my exiting pavement linetype?  It also would be nice if I could get the section to produce the removal of pavement in a hatch pattern but would settle for just the linetype.
  2. For the pavement widening I used the LaneOutsideSuperLayerVaryingWidth subassembly with the same subassembly used for the shoulder, these being attached to the BasicLane in number 1 above.  The locations for the eop, and shoulder are good but I don’t know how to setup the template to have tapered pavement layers on the ends.  See attached image.

I would prefer not to “hand draw” the cross sections.  I have also attached images of my current cross section and an image of how the cross sections should look (of existing and proposed pavements).

Any suggestions are most welcome.

C3D 2016, SP3

Win10 Pro

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tcorey
in reply to: 654work

Regarding showing existing pavement, has this been surveyed and a surface created? If so, modify the surface style: display tab, set view direction to Section. Set the linetype you want to see in section view. You might also need to adjust the LTSCALE here.

If you are trying to apply a linetype to subassemblies, you need to do this by modifying the Link style in the Code Set Styles.

To get the area fill you desire, apply a Shape style within the Code Set Styles.

As far as tapering those paved sections, the subassy you're using does not taper, it only lets different pavings have different widths. Try ShoulderMultiLayerVaryingWidth. These layers will taper.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report